Anybody else's game freezing? (xbox360)

#1 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

Just got the game and it freezes after I get to the first weapons stash.  I restarted the game, got to the same point, and it froze again. 
Just curious to see if anyone else has had the same problem. 

#2 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -

yep i have that same problem.  It'd be nice to know what the hell is going on.

#3 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (467 posts) -

same problem. i'm installing it to the hard drive right now but, aparently thats not going to help.

#4 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -

it seems as tho EVERYONE is having this same exact problem

#5 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

Thanks, was just checking.  My first xbox, wanted to make sure it wasn't something worse. 

#6 Posted by ProfessorEss (7281 posts) -

wow, that's nuts.

#7 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

I'm with you guys. I guess I won't touch it again until they update it. A little sad, Ubisoft.

#8 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -

well if you're playing on xbox its SAID that u clear you rsystems cache and DO NOT update, because its the patch that screwed the game up.

#9 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -
@LukeDude08:  
I didn't know that.  TIme to play it online then. 
#10 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -

update guys....it worked, clear your chache and DONTTTTTT UPDATE

#11 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

Ok, will do.  <crosses fingers>

#12 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -
@Kornkaos: i dont see why it wouldnt work for you as long as ure on xbox, it worked perfect for me
#13 Edited by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -
@Kornkaos said:

" @killer_meatballs: don't really feel like going back downstairs till its final so could you like report back? haha, it'd be mucho appreciated =) "

OK, I'm an idiot, how do you clear the cache?  New to xbox, don't flame to hard!! 

update:  nevermind.  I googled it. 

Update:  it works, just like LukeDude08 said. 
#14 Posted by BoredMind (4 posts) -

Installing the game, uninstalling, clearing cache, just about everything has been tried and I still can't get it to go past the weapons cache.  Appears it's a bug with just about everyone.  Bummer, I cleared my schedule for most of today and now can't play.

#15 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -
@BoredMind: if you update the game again its gonna freeze, the bug is the patch, if u clear your cache, then DO NOT UPDATE, it will work.
#16 Posted by LukeDude08 (7 posts) -
@BoredMind: if you clear your cache and dont update your xbox when it asks it wont freeze
#17 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

Does anyone know if it's okay to update beyond that point? I'd ideally like to avoid corrupting my save, but I'd also like to play online. :X

#18 Posted by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

This just strikes me as super sloppy on Ubi's part. Not impressed.

#19 Edited by AndrewB (7496 posts) -

So why haven't they stopped pushing the update out then? Wouldn't that be the first thing you'd do when you've found out you've broken your game?

#20 Posted by MayorFeedback (674 posts) -

Dammit, I am so pumped to get off work and go play this. Still going to, it's just a bummer to hear about. At least I know in advance. 

Looking at the Ubisoft forums, they're aware of it and are "working on it."

#21 Posted by Carnage1290 (114 posts) -

Yep, played it last night before that patch and had no problems, playing it today and it freezes in the exact same spot every time (not the spot the OP mentioned though). Nice for a patch to really screw the game up.

#22 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Uhm... my console... itself is freezing after the update. I don't even load the game before it freezes. Right after the update it froze. I restart my system... shows someone is online, the freezes.

#23 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

Aww, well at least I don't have to return it now.

#24 Edited by DeusExMathias (23 posts) -

Keeps happening to me, too.
What a bummer - I played that mission 3 times before I had to go back to work.  I'll clear the cache, then. Good job, Ubi!  :P  
(Cool game, tho)

#25 Posted by CTS_1987 (30 posts) -

yeah mine is havin the exect same probblem i did the whole delete the system cache thing it worked but after the weapons upgrade part i accpected the update and it froze again.
#26 Posted by Iireku (147 posts) -

That's really weird because I got the update and my game didn't freeze at the weapon stash on level 2.

#27 Posted by ShadyMarino (71 posts) -

Ubisoft is batting 1.000 lately.  First the whole mess with the PC version of AC2 and now this. 
#28 Posted by TheCappuccinoBandit (268 posts) -

Ubisoft say they have resolved the problem. 

Linkige

#29 Posted by Mercurius (15 posts) -

Froze in the exact same spot for me. Right after the first weapon stash in front of the painting.

#30 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

Can someone who isn't 4-5 hours into the game check to see if it works now? Haha. I sort of don't want to lose my save. D:

#31 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

I haven't had any problems since Kotaku announced that Ubisoft fixed the problem.  I'm not that far into the game.

#32 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

that problem has been fixed, it has nothing to do with a title update and clearing your cache did nothing to help...
#33 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -
@CharleyTony said:
" that problem has been fixed, it has nothing to do with a title update and clearing your cache did nothing to help... "
Obviously anyone who is playing the game knows this by now.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.