Buying or Renting?

#1 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -
#2 Posted by CitizenKane (10508 posts) -

It seems a lot of people are splint between buying this game or simply renting.  I personally am renting for now, but what about you?

#3 Edited by nanikore (2740 posts) -

Neither.

#4 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Neither because the DRM is retarded

#5 Posted by Yummylee (22575 posts) -

If I'm going to play it, it'll be bought. I never rent games anymore for some unexplainable reason. 
That said though, it's far from on my must have list so when I do decide to buy it, it'll be on the cheap.
#6 Posted by MB (13138 posts) -

I haven't decided whether I'm going to rent or buy, but either way, I'll be playing this on Xbox 360. I just built a bad ass new gaming PC and I would like nothing more than to play Conviction on it, but Ubisoft's new DRM is absolute nonsense.

#7 Posted by Davvyk (696 posts) -

Er wheres the poll choice for pirating?.... 

ooh that was a joke. really a joke! im buying it looks awesome 

#8 Posted by Iireku (147 posts) -

The Demo impressed me so much that I'm buying it.

#9 Posted by belaraphon (454 posts) -

i bought it. it comes in the mail later today! huzzah!

#10 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Buying, I have it pre-ordered.

#11 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@Davvyk said:
" Er wheres the poll choice for pirating?....  ooh that was a joke. really a joke! im buying it looks awesome  "
Has anyone even cracked the new DRM?
Also i'm buying on the 360
#12 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Well, I missed out on buying it for under $40 new. It won't be down to that price again for some time. I'll probably end up buying it on steam about 5 years from now when it's down to about $10 on sale. Might have been a different story if I had actually been able to finish Double Agent.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" Neither. "
#14 Posted by j_meyer_13 (387 posts) -

I... ordered it on Amazon for like $15 off.  Unfortunately, they're being super-giant-mega-assholes and not shipping it until the 19th, meaning I won't get it until the 26th-30th.  Very unfortunate. =\

#15 Posted by Milkman (17335 posts) -

On the fence. I'll get back to you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.