Conviction Co-Op

Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -

So last night snoopdye and I played some Conviction Co-Op... and brother, that's the most fun I've had in a co-op game style since Castle Crashers.  Busting down a door and blazing 6 dudes in half a second NEVER gets old.  Yeah... I said six.  Each player can tag separate guys and execute on their own OR you can share the tags by only tagging a few and executing at the same time.  This makes short work of unsuspecting guards.   

Does this sound too easy?  Yeah... well, more times than I can count a random group of six or seven guys would come from some dark corner and give us a hard time... and result in either one of us getting 'killed.'  Also, the game challenges you by making it so that you can't kill guys.  There was a part (I'm not gonna spoil anything story stuff, okay?) where you had to haul ass away from where you were and you couldn't kill the guys chasing you... which is kinda lame, but made for some cool co-op situations.  Here's an example.  Snoop was on a pipe, I was bashing a dudes face in.  I got spotted while I was smashing this guy and then I get shot and I play dead.  The guy that shot me comes over to my body, and snoop jumps down and lands on his neck.  Co-op maneuvers like this are common and always awesome. 

Also... the shotgun, Not the SPAS (I have that one and I don't like it), makes everything 10 times as fun.  If snoop and I got into sticky situation, I'd whip the bitch out and give the guards a new orifice.  Plus, ending a fire fight by running up to a dude and blowing him off his feet with a loud bang always makes for a laugh or two. 

#1 Posted by Kyreo (4602 posts) -

So last night snoopdye and I played some Conviction Co-Op... and brother, that's the most fun I've had in a co-op game style since Castle Crashers.  Busting down a door and blazing 6 dudes in half a second NEVER gets old.  Yeah... I said six.  Each player can tag separate guys and execute on their own OR you can share the tags by only tagging a few and executing at the same time.  This makes short work of unsuspecting guards.   

Does this sound too easy?  Yeah... well, more times than I can count a random group of six or seven guys would come from some dark corner and give us a hard time... and result in either one of us getting 'killed.'  Also, the game challenges you by making it so that you can't kill guys.  There was a part (I'm not gonna spoil anything story stuff, okay?) where you had to haul ass away from where you were and you couldn't kill the guys chasing you... which is kinda lame, but made for some cool co-op situations.  Here's an example.  Snoop was on a pipe, I was bashing a dudes face in.  I got spotted while I was smashing this guy and then I get shot and I play dead.  The guy that shot me comes over to my body, and snoop jumps down and lands on his neck.  Co-op maneuvers like this are common and always awesome. 

Also... the shotgun, Not the SPAS (I have that one and I don't like it), makes everything 10 times as fun.  If snoop and I got into sticky situation, I'd whip the bitch out and give the guards a new orifice.  Plus, ending a fire fight by running up to a dude and blowing him off his feet with a loud bang always makes for a laugh or two. 

#2 Posted by wfolse1 (456 posts) -

Yeah man, I totally agree.  I played through the first co-op mission with a friend of mine last night and it was an absolute blast.  I think Joystiq's review really touched on a significant point in that the single player campaign seems like training of sorts for the co-op, which I felt was more challenging and required both players to use somewhat advanced tactics to succeed.  Marking a ton of guys, seeing my friend melee a guy in the darkness and then executing the marked enemies from an elevated position is an empowering and satisfying feeling, not to mention a TON of fun. 

#3 Posted by Yummylee (22511 posts) -

Shame it relies so much on it's online features. It'll take some real hype for me to upgrade to GOLD on my 360. Something like Gears 3 maybe =P
#4 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

The co-op campaign is definitely awesome. If you guys haven't, check out the multiplayer modes Hunter and Last Stand. Last Stand is basically Horde mode (20 waves per level) and Hunter essentially has you progressing through the co-op missions without any of the context. Both are a blast. 

Oh, and if either of you are looking for another co-op buddy, my GT is TheSulkingDead.

#5 Posted by wfolse1 (456 posts) -
@End_Boss said:
" The co-op campaign is definitely awesome. If you guys haven't, check out the multiplayer modes Hunter and Last Stand. Last Stand is basically Horde mode (20 waves per level) and Hunter essentially has you progressing through the co-op missions without any of the context. Both are a blast.  Oh, and if either of you are looking for another co-op buddy, my GT is TheSulkingDead. "
Will be friend requesting you for that very  reason.
#6 Posted by Khann (2913 posts) -

Wow, this doesn't sound like Splinter Cell at all...

#7 Posted by DystopiaX (5359 posts) -

mind if I send you an F/R? None of my friends are interested in this game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.