Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Conviction is TOTALLY a stealth game

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

For christ sake the shooting is an OPTION, mark and execute is an OPTION, if you wanna play it ol skool, then go for it. Hell watch th Ubi video for proof of this!!
    I'm sick to death of people complaining about things being 'removed' when everything bar the whistle is firmly intact!! 
    What this boils down to, is people making a choice during gameplay and then complaining about it!!!!!

spaceturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By spaceturtle

Yes

Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Skytylz

Yah, some parts in the demo you had to kill people though.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By rjayb89

I killed everyone because I wanted to.  The lack of noise detection bothered me.

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @SPACETURTLE said:
    " Yes "
    Hahaa I love replies like this! 

@Skytylz
    said:
    " Yah, some parts in the demo you had to kill people though. "
    Apart from the mark and execute tutorial I'm sure the Ubi video shows you can get around everybody? Regardless of this the way Fisher is in this game and the locations you are at, it doesnt matter if a few bodies hit the floor!
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skytylz
    @ShalashaskaUK666: Don't worry I'm not complaining. 
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see where people are coming from with the complaining, but the changes are for the best.  It's now more appealing to a broader audience (= more sales).  It can still be played as a stealth game, I was able to pull off some great stealth combos in the demo, and I'm sure that demo is a chunk of the game designed to make you do certain things (i.e. shoot and use stealth and the M&E ability) to give the player a taste of what it has to offer.  I'm sure the game will be designed to where you can play almost purely stealth throughout the game.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RsistncE
    @ShalashaskaUK666: Although I generally agree with you, there has been a lot of stuff removed. Analog movement, sound meter, darkness meter and non lethal weapons just to name a few. Not to mention the game is a little bit on the easy side. Either way looking forward to it.

BUT I WANT THE WHISTLE DAMMIT.
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @Skytylz said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666: Don't worry I'm not complaining.  "
    Haha yeh me neither! I'm lovin goin all Arkham Asylum on dudes n shootin em from th shadows in full view of their friends!! A nice big smile comes across my face every time they shout 'HOLY SHIT!!' or 'MOTHER FUCKER!!' 
     I LOVE it!!
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Skytylz said:
    apart from the first 3 kills that are mandatory for the demo i made it though without being detected or killing anyone 
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @RsistncE said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666: Although I generally agree with you, there has been a lot of stuff removed. Analog movement, sound meter, darkness meter and non lethal weapons just to name a few. Not to mention the game is a little bit on the easy side. Either way looking forward to it.  BUT I WANT THE WHISTLE DAMMIT. "
    Hahaha dude I want the whistle 2!!!! Not 2 worry tho!! And yeh I totally forgot about HUD stuff, I was talking about moves/abilities, but yeh I think we could have done with more of an idea of when shadows start and end perhaps?
    Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RsistncE said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666: Although I generally agree with you, there has been a lot of stuff removed. Analog movement, sound meter, darkness meter and non lethal weapons just to name a few. Not to mention the game is a little bit on the easy side. Either way looking forward to it.  BUT I WANT THE WHISTLE DAMMIT. "
    There is sort of a darkness meter, when it goes black and white, you know you're hidden(I know it isn't the same, but it's something).  But yeah, I am a little disappointed in some of the stuff they removed (I'm with you on the whistle thing, that should be in the game :( ).  I embrace the new direction though.
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    apart from the first 3 kills that are mandatory for the demo i made it though without being detected or killing anyone  "
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxactly!!!! I dont know why people WOULDNT wanna take dudes out!! When I play this SC as Fisher in this revenge frame of mind, I wanna get to the bottom of who killed my daughter, and anyone in my way is gettin punched in the throat WITH MY GUN......TWICE!!! :D
    steelharrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By steelharrison

I like where its going.. it can be a stealth game if you want it to be, the way i see it they give you the option to play through it however you would like
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    apart from the first 3 kills that are mandatory for the demo i made it though without being detected or killing anyone  "
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxactly!!!! I dont know why people WOULDNT wanna take dudes out!! When I play this SC as Fisher in this revenge frame of mind, I wanna get to the bottom of who killed my daughter, and anyone in my way is gettin punched in the throat WITH MY GUN......TWICE!!! :D "
    oh i agree entirely i just played through a bunch of different ways to see every thing (total stealth, stealth kill everyone and all guns blazing) and when i play conviction i plan on blending the 3 :P
    BlackIrish05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BlackIrish05

I like the options. Did anyone else think it was really easy (the demo). I pretty much breezed through realistic. I'm guessing its going to get a lot harder though.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Andorski
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    How did you get around the guy at the window/door (depending on which entrance you take) and the guy in the small room where you have to jump up onto the ceiling pipe and slide down to the sewers?  These are the only two guards that I have to kill to finish the demo.
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HitmanAgent47

You can play it stealth, however the easier option is to just kill everyone which makes it an action game or stealth action game because that's the route most ppl will take because it's easier.

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Andorski said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    How did you get around the guy at the window/door (depending on which entrance you take) and the guy in the small room where you have to jump up onto the ceiling pipe and slide down to the sewers?  These are the only two guards that I have to kill to finish the demo. "
    the guy at the door i distracted with a stick camera and then ninja'd past him and the guy in the room i did something similar i lured him out of the room with the stick camera and the use a portable emp to make sure that he wouldn't see me
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By DrPockets000

I kill everyone stealthily.  Immensely satisfying. 

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

You can play it stealth, however the easier option is to just kill everyone which makes it an action game or stealth action game because that's the route most ppl will take because it's easier.

"
    Yeh I can totally sympathise with that, but my point is that the option to play it stealthily is very much still there. I mean take MGS or the Hitman series, they have both allowed for an 'easier' more action orientated gameplay experience, but thats not the 'right' way to play these games, at least in my view. All Conviction does is allow the player to make a choice and keep going, instead of too heavy a penalty like last time.
    I honestly think in this case that people are seeing how many things you CAN do, and are getting annoyed by the possibilities. I mean in Chaos Theory you could get a shotgun for god sake, and its hardly like that isnt gonna attract attention is it lol!! 
    Lambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lambert

Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By Belonpopo
    @ShalashaskaUK666:
    Spreaken thy truth Duder.
    cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By cornbredx

Ya the game has always attempted to make it a choice. Problem was they implemented things like no alarms and such, plus it was just generally easier to stealth the whole thing (except the first one which I remember forcing you to kill people in alot of missions, although its been years since i last played it so i may be remembering wrong). I generally pride myself on killing as few (or no) people when I play splinter cell and I intended to do this on Conviction as well. The game is generally harder if you try to not kill anybody which is why I like to play that way. That was actually a problem I had with Double Agent- few missions on that one you HAD to kill everybody (one mission i can think of off hand). Just sucks cus thats just not what I like to do in Splinter Cell. Its just how i like to play. 

Anyway, i cant wait to add Conviction to my collection, I will definitely be playing the NO ALARMS mode at some point, cus im old skool =)
    Siris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Siris

This game will be awesome, no doubt.

RobertCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By RobertCop

What's the point of being Ninja and getting away unseen. 

It's cooler to be ninja and getting away unseen with dead bodies everywhere.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@ShalashaskaUK666 said:

" For christ sake the shooting is an OPTION, mark and execute is an OPTION, if you wanna play it ol skool, then go for it. Hell watch th Ubi video for proof of this!!I'm sick to death of people complaining about things being 'removed' when everything bar the whistle is firmly intact!! What this boils down to, is people making a choice during gameplay and then complaining about it!!!!! "

Why do you need more than on exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
    Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Kyreo
    @rjayb89 said:
    " I killed everyone because I wanted to.  The lack of noise detection bothered me. "
    Yeah I didnt like that I could jump down from a pole 25 feet off the ground onto some dudes face, break his neck, and then RUN up behind a guy without being detected.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By Vinny_Says

If you want the splinter cell of old go play SC 1 through 4 and get all the stealth you want. I think the devs tried their best to mix things up so people should stop complaining.

BTW before you get all worked up over this comment know that splinter cell chaos theory is one of my favorite games, I really loved the stealth! (got 100% on all missions)

ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666
    @Belonpopo said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666: Spreaken thy truth Duder. "
    Thanks man!!! 

@Godlyawesomeguy said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666 said:

" For christ sake the shooting is an OPTION, mark and execute is an OPTION, if you wanna play it ol skool, then go for it. Hell watch th Ubi video for proof of this!!I'm sick to death of people complaining about things being 'removed' when everything bar the whistle is firmly intact!! What this boils down to, is people making a choice during gameplay and then complaining about it!!!!! "

Why do you need more than on exclamation mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? "
    Because its totally cool and rad 2 overdo things in the name of exaggeration!! Or exclamation rather!! :D
    Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Icil

There's no stealth 'Open Door'. I loved that thing.

The new cover system is awesome because it gives you better stealth views. Before, you were hardly ever pressed against a wall and so you just had Sam quiet-walking through hallways.

Edit: Also, I'm gonna play that shit out of the no-captures-allowed Co-Op (Infiltration, they called it?)

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By clubsandwich
    @ZombieHunter said:
    " @ShalashaskaUK666 said:
    " @ZombieHunter said:
    " @Skytylz said:
    Exxxxxxxxxxxxactly!!!! I dont know why people WOULDNT wanna take dudes out!! When I play this SC as Fisher in this revenge frame of mind, I wanna get to the bottom of who killed my daughter, and anyone in my way is gettin punched in the throat WITH MY GUN......TWICE!!! :D "
    oh i agree entirely i just played through a bunch of different ways to see every thing (total stealth, stealth kill everyone and all guns blazing) and when i play conviction i plan on blending the 3 :P "
    same, demo was fucking sweet, but I'm not very good being stealthy. :(
    triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By triple07

I like it better than the old ones. For me old style stealth games have become dated.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By LiquidPrince

It is a stealth game, I don't  think anyone is arguing, but to have the options that you do makes the game more fun.

Vermy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35  Edited By Vermy81

I don't really know. 

I mean the path of least resistance in this game is to use your gun a lot.    Sure it's an option to really work through a bunch of the game's features and be stealthy.  But it's an option to steer a car with your feet too.  

I don't think it is a stealth game, at least not in the same sense that Thief is a stealth game and the original Splinter Cells were stealth games where the only path through the game was to get the stealth right 90+% of the time.    

I think you feel a bit too powerful in that first level, and that kind of kills the tension that the first three games had in spades.    Maybe that will come with tougher enemies but i don't really know.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.