Enemies can hear my silent weapons?

#1 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Okay, so I was playing Splinter Cell and for some reason when I take a shot with a silent weapon my enemies hear it and come looking for me? 

This never happened early in the game but is happening in which part I am onto know (I think it is called ''white box''?) 

What is going on?

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Perhaps they're not hearing the gun itself, but the screams of the dude you're shooting?

#3 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba: Yes, your enemies can hear the gunshot if you're firing too close to them, or if your bullet impacts near them...
#4 Posted by Xolare (1269 posts) -

In real life, as long as you have hearing that's fairly good, you can hear SUPPRESSED weapons. Cause they're SUPPRESSED. Not silent. No gun is actually ever silent. Don't you just love random gun knowledge?

#5 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -
@Xolare said:
" In real life, as long as you have hearing that's fairly good, you can hear SUPPRESSED weapons. Cause they're SUPPRESSED. Not silent. No gun is actually ever silent. Don't you just love random gun knowledge? "
This, and bullets also make noise when they hit stuff.  
#6 Edited by h0lgr (908 posts) -
@Peacemaker: ...and when they DON'T hit stuff e.g. people close by. A bullet whirring by your ear is hard to ignore!
#7 Posted by spect21 (3 posts) -

At least they cant hear the player walking (like in previous games)

#8 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
@Xolare said:
" In real life, as long as you have hearing that's fairly good, you can hear SUPPRESSED weapons. Cause they're SUPPRESSED. Not silent. No gun is actually ever silent. Don't you just love random gun knowledge? "
#9 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

They get alerted if you shoot near one of them or shoot them once and the guy doesn't die. If you get a headshot and nobody else is looking they won't detect you.

#10 Posted by Andorski (5179 posts) -

I feel it's pretty noticeable when people around you suddenly cease to live.

#11 Edited by Donos (1193 posts) -
@Andorski said:

" I feel it's pretty noticeable when people around you suddenly cease to live. "

Maybe they'd hear it better if they could stop yelling for five secoWE'RE COMING FOR YOU FISHER! WHO TURNED OUT THE LIGHTS? I NEED A CHEESEBURGER!
#12 Posted by KarmaPolice (45 posts) -
@Donos: I know right? Do they love the word ass-hole or what.
#13 Posted by Neorecon19 (35 posts) -

@KarmaPolice Yup.  I think they may of went to Ass-hole Academy and now they can't stop saying it in every other line

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.