Help me find the Music!!! Please!!

#1 Edited by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

I have searched my face off for the Original Soundtrack to Splinter Cell Conviction.... and have come up empty handed.  somebody please.....   

#2 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

Cmon....

#3 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -

Dude, the game just came out. People are too busy playing to do a full game rip, I assume.  
 
As for an actual soundtrack release, those take a while to come out, most of the time. 
  
This one wasn't bad, but I could definitely tell they were going for the bourne feel with this one. Still can't beat Chaos Theory's soundtrack, that shit is the mad notes. 

#4 Posted by Branthog (7577 posts) -

Seriously? The sound track to this game is horrible. It really finishes off that "this game is from 1998, but not as good" feel. It's so generic and fake-edgy that it may as well just be sold on some "stock music for your film/commercial/whatever" service.

#5 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@XII_Sniper said:
" Dude, the game just came out. People are too busy playing to do a full game rip, I assume.   As for an actual soundtrack release, those take a while to come out, most of the time.   This one wasn't bad, but I could definitely tell they were going for the bourne feel with this one. Still can't beat Chaos Theory's soundtrack, that shit is the mad notes.  "
Some of the music is by the same guy that did Chaos Theory's level music (Amon Tobin), I think there's a track or two from DJ Shadow, but I'm not sure who did the rest or if it will get a soundtrack release.
#6 Posted by Jethuty (1023 posts) -
@Infininja: Amon Tobin is fucking amazing
 
loved the shit out of InFamous, that man is talented
#7 Posted by MikkaQ (10283 posts) -
@Infininja said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" Dude, the game just came out. People are too busy playing to do a full game rip, I assume.   As for an actual soundtrack release, those take a while to come out, most of the time.   This one wasn't bad, but I could definitely tell they were going for the bourne feel with this one. Still can't beat Chaos Theory's soundtrack, that shit is the mad notes.  "
Some of the music is by the same guy that did Chaos Theory's level music (Amon Tobin), I think there's a track or two from DJ Shadow, but I'm not sure who did the rest or if it will get a soundtrack release. "
 
Yeah I could tell some of his trademarks were there, good to see that's confirmed. Didn't know they got DJ Shadow, that's cool.  More of those low strings than usual is really what I noticed, which is why I felt it sounded "Bourney".
#8 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@Jethuty said:
" @Infininja: Amon Tobin is fucking amazing  loved the shit out of InFamous, that man is talented "
Oh yeah, haven't listened to that in a while. Completely forgot.
#9 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1863 posts) -
@Infininja said:
" @XII_Sniper said:
" Dude, the game just came out. People are too busy playing to do a full game rip, I assume.   As for an actual soundtrack release, those take a while to come out, most of the time.   This one wasn't bad, but I could definitely tell they were going for the bourne feel with this one. Still can't beat Chaos Theory's soundtrack, that shit is the mad notes.  "
Some of the music is by the same guy that did Chaos Theory's level music (Amon Tobin), I think there's a track or two from DJ Shadow, but I'm not sure who did the rest or if it will get a soundtrack release. "
I'm actually about to buy the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory soundtrack on DVD as 5.1...!
#10 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

because of the busted usb drive in the collector's edition, Ubisoft has made the files on the usb drive available for download to anyone. I contains some wallpaper, a small making of video and the Slinter Cell Conviction theme song in mp3 format ! You should check it out... 
 
http://splintercell.com/usbfile/    
#11 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -
@CharleyTony: 
yeah. there was already a post specifically about this. lets try and keep each specific thread on topic CharleyTony
#12 Posted by djz (134 posts) -
#13 Posted by Vendetta (438 posts) -

The Chaos Theory soundtrack is one of my favorite game soundtracks of all time. This one I didn't like as much, but I give the developers major props for throwing in some DJ Shadow. And the song during the White House infiltration with all of the voice-overs from past presidents was pretty awesome, as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.