I got the Collectors Edition...WTF no comic book?

#1 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

I was well aware of the usb dive more than likely being defective and all but all across the internet it states i should get a comic book with my collectors edition, in north america, right? well sure enough i open my metal case and there isn't one in there. Did i read something wrong? did anyone else get or not get one? Or was there never supposed to be a comic book included in the first place? I'm pretty pissed cus once I heard the usb drives were useless I at least thought the comic book would still make the purchase SOMEWHAT worthwhile.... Oh well. Thanks guys....

#2 Posted by AndrewB (7668 posts) -

Have you tested the drive to find out if yours works yet?

#3 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

Yeah, it didnt. Maybe it was on the drive but that would be hella lame and misleading. oh well. It might be a thing with gamestop where they don't get there extra stuff til the next day for some reason.

#4 Edited by AndrewB (7668 posts) -
@snoopdye: The promo shot I just looked at said it was a digital comic. I'd assume that means it was meant to be on the drive. Sorry : \

They'll probably post it up online then, at any rate. Not that that would be much consolation.

Edit: not really sure my info is correct. I haven't been following this whole thing very closely. I hardly ever buy collectors edition items. Anyway apparently:

All of the extra features available on the USB drive will be available through a method to be revealed on Splinter Cell: Conviction's website on April 15.

But as for the comic, someone else here is going to have to tell you about that. I can't find any information on it.
#5 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

Many thanks AndrewB! I'll be sure to check up on the site on the 15th

#6 Posted by Meptron (1084 posts) -

so the usb drives not working is a widescale issue? lame! hopefully they're going to replace them?    

#7 Posted by DoctorTran (1565 posts) -

Yeah my USB drive doesn't work either....

#8 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

I have a question about the USB, you pop the little thing out of the card correct? i put it in my usb thing and nothing, is that normal? it seems really thing to even fit in correctly does the widespread corrupt usb make it to where you cant even see the drive on your PC?

#9 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@Styl3s said:
" I have a question about the USB, you pop the little thing out of the card correct? i put it in my usb thing and nothing, is that normal? it seems really thing to even fit in correctly does the widespread corrupt usb make it to where you cant even see the drive on your PC? "
Yeah your doing it correctly, sorry to say but your usb doesn't work.
Mine didn't either
#10 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

Damn. This is a big problem.  As far as getting our usb stuff...

" The somewhat better news: Details on how to receive the bonus content included on defective USB drives in the Splinter Cell: Conviction collector's editions will be available on the game's official Web site on Thursday, April 15. The drives were to include a variety of content, including a "making of" video feature, wallpaper, concept art, storyboards, and more information on the game's development."

The article is

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/tomclancyssplintercellconviction/news.html?sid=6257617&mode=news

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.