I thought buying this game for $10 was a steal until...

#1 Posted by NTM (7264 posts) -

I noticed that the CD-Key didn't work because someone had already used it before I bought it. Fuck, I shouldn't have bought it! Anyone know of somewhere I can buy or get a CD-Key? I've checked on the Ubi site and all I see is the game in general that sales for $29.99. And I'm not going to buy the damn game again. I already have it on 360, and I just want to play it on PC. GAHHH! This happened to my brother the other day when he bought Madden 11. I'm getting pissed that creators do this with their games. I don't usually buy used games, but this was a good purchase.
#2 Posted by Zidd (1838 posts) -

Don't buy PC games that look like they have been opened and don't buy used PC games.

#3 Posted by RavenX302 (258 posts) -

Was it brand new? maybe you can call Ubisoft and see if they will give you another CD key. I had to call EA when my new Spores game's key didn't work and was already in use. They just emailed me a another key.

#4 Posted by NTM (7264 posts) -
@RavenX302:
How did you get a new Spores with a used CD-Key?
#5 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Well it was a steal..... 

#6 Posted by CharleyTony (923 posts) -

where did you buy the game?  
If you bought it at a store, return it, they basically sold you something that is broken.

#7 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

I bought mine from Amazon a while back for €14.99 including tax

#8 Posted by VanillaPlant (145 posts) -
@NTM said:
" @RavenX302: How did you get a new Spores with a used CD-Key? "
Manufacturing mistake.
#9 Edited by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

Use a universal CD-key?? Seems to be the only option you have now. 
 Edit: unless you want to buy the game again.

#10 Posted by Ivos (79 posts) -

Don't ever buy used PC games. CD-keys have been in effect since the 90s.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.