SPAS-12 Supressor Shotgun?

#1 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

So my GameStop didn't have the codes to get this (or they just decided to not give them out) and I'm a bit upset, because that's the only reason I bought it from GameStop instead of Amazon.com or Best Buy.  Anyways, my question is:  To those of you who got the gun, how good is it?  Is it worth going back tomorrow to complain and see if I can get a code out of them?  Or does it suck or just make the game so easy it's not as fun?  Thanks for any and all insight!

#2 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

The same thing happened to me. I called them on the phone and was told to go in the tomorrow and get the code. I too want to know if it's worth driving across town to get.

#3 Edited by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Well here's the weird thing. What they were supposed to do was scan a barcode when ringing you up that gave you a code -on- the receipt. Basically what happened is Ubisoft or whoever provides the little pamphlets with codes weren't able to make it to the printers. So they gave us an alternate method. Double check your receipt, if it has the code, then pop in splinter cell, go to options, then extras, and put the code in there.  If it doesn't have the code, go back to gamestop and see if they can't run a copy through as a return for the code. My Manager had to do that when he rung me up because he forgot to scan my code. If they can't do it then.... no clue what to say. Maybe try E-mailing gamestop... Not sure.

My source? I'm a GameStop employee, in Moses Lake, WA.

#4 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

I entered the code,and unlocked it, but does anyone know how you actually get it?  I know the game doesn't give you all the cool gadgets at once, you get them as you progress, so is it the same with the shotgun?

#5 Edited by ProjektGill (752 posts) -

The shotgun is unlocked from the get go once you enter the code and click unlock. Once you hit your first weapons cache, it's waiting for you or if you are playing the multiplayer, you can choose to start with it. Also it's kind of a weird gun, because it's supposed to be silenced but, it's still loud as hell. Range on it is pretty good though.

#6 Posted by DocHaus (1315 posts) -

AFAIK, you need to select a little box in the Extras menu that contains the weapon itself to unlock it. If you've done that, then try progressing through the story mode until you hit a Weapons Stash and it should be there.

Outside of that, I'm not sure what else you need. Personally, I'm finding the pistols and a silenced M468 a lot easier to work with.

#7 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -
@ProjektGill said:
" The shotgun is unlocked from the get go once you enter the code and click unlock. Once you hit your first weapons cache, it's waiting for you or if you are playing the multiplayer, you can choose to start with it. Also it's kind of a weird gun, because it's supposed to be silenced but, it's still loud as hell. Range on it is pretty good though. "
I'll have to try again.  I've been to 3 weapons cache's and it hasn't been in any of them.
#8 Posted by chmod (292 posts) -

At my GameStop, they had a ton of the little pieces of paper that let you go into the extras menu and unlock it. They said that they had way more than they had preorders, so I got one despite not preordering.

#9 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

It's not that good, actually. If you've played the game, you know that shotguns really aren't all that useful cause they don't have range and by the time your enemies get close you can either melee them or headshot them. 
I prefer the silenced SMG instead.

#10 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

This doesn't sound as good as the Amazon silenced one-hander, and I got the game from them for $20 off too with launch day delivery...

#11 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

SPAS 12's are heavy overcomplicated pieces of shit with low ammo capacity. Fuck SPAS 12's.

#12 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

The code is on the receipt, if they did everything right. Enter the code in the extras menu, then once it appears on the list, make sure you select and press A on it to unlock it. Why it doesn't just automatically unlock when you enter the code, I don't know.

#13 Posted by CenturionCajun (1461 posts) -

Starting with Battlefield: Bad Company it seems that they are increasingly doing this code on the receipt thing. So far Bad Company, Red Steel and Splinter Cell have all used it. While we have also gotten a few cards with codes it seems like this is becoming the norm. So, whenever you get a pre-order if they don't point out the bonus on the box or a card then ask them if it's on the receipt or something. There are several stores around mine who had no idea that was how they were supposed to be going out because they didn't read the daily e-mail.

#14 Posted by FrankTheGank (74 posts) -
@DoctorTran said:
" Well here's the weird thing. What they were supposed to do was scan a barcode when ringing you up that gave you a code -on- the receipt. Basically what happened is Ubisoft or whoever provides the little pamphlets with codes weren't able to make it to the printers. So they gave us an alternate method. Double check your receipt, if it has the code, then pop in splinter cell, go to options, then extras, and put the code in there.  If it doesn't have the code, go back to gamestop and see if they can't run a copy through as a return for the code. My Manager had to do that when he rung me up because he forgot to scan my code. If they can't do it then.... no clue what to say. Maybe try E-mailing gamestop... Not sure. My source? I'm a GameStop employee, in Moses Lake, WA. "
Also an employee.  We had pamphlets awhile before Convictions came out with codes on them and I will  I think more and more they will start adding it to the bottom of receipts.  
#15 Posted by heatDrive88 (2269 posts) -

Is this bonus eventually going to be available for people who didn't buy from a GameStop?
#16 Posted by killer_meatballs (460 posts) -

Well, I'm an idiot.  I found the shotgun.  I didn't realize the weapons cache had more than one drawer.   DO'H!

#17 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -
@killer_meatballs: Yeah, there are more than just pistols in the game.. (Although, why there are, I'm not really sure, as it's usually your best bet in all but the worst of situations.)
#18 Posted by JoGribbs (39 posts) -

The shotgun sucks anyway, so I wouldn't worry too much.

#19 Posted by SomethingClever (419 posts) -

I was feeling a little sad I didn't get the SPAS-12 but after using it for a little bit (co-op, buddy dropped his for me to check out) and reading a lot of peoples comments I'm now pleased with the SC3000 I got from getting it from Best Buy.  More useful in more situations I think (though I don't use anything other than the Five Seven for pretty much any situation). 

Still sucks for those people that should have gotten it but didn't.

#20 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

Reading this, definitely glad I didn't pre-order through Gamestop for the shotgun... seems like it's not a big deal, compared to saving $15 on Amazon.  Besides, if you're using anything besides the Five Seven, you're doin' it wrong!

#21 Posted by DukeTogo (1504 posts) -
@keyhunter said:
" SPAS 12's are heavy overcomplicated pieces of shit with low ammo capacity. Fuck SPAS 12's. "
Benelli M4 ftw.
#22 Edited by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

here's a code for the person who's quickest on the draw: 

AAX-4MAF-H9CW-G7A8-L6BY 

I'ts from a swedish Gamestop, but i doubt the codes are region specific

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.