Splinter Cell Conviction Deluxe Edition (PC) $1 at Ubisoft Store

  • 51 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by squirtle_squad (266 posts) -

So I was cruising around some other forums and found out that this game is $1 at the store.
 http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7523758#post7523758
and the direct link to the store
 http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.184147300
I think this is US only. I bought it already and am downloading it now. They already sent me a activation key.
USE Promo code: 10THANKYOU for an additional 10 cents off.
Good luck!

#2 Posted by Karn (690 posts) -

I already have it for 360, but for 90 cents......

#3 Posted by Animasta (14726 posts) -

damn, didn't even know about the promo code.
 
oh well, even the DRM is worth a dollar.

#4 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

I bought it before I realized how much of a big miff of a price mistake it is (other titles that haven't even been released yet are marked at $1). Now I somewhat feel bad, and I also wonder how this whole thing is going to play out. I half expect to get playing and then get cut off tomorrow with an e-mail apology and maybe a $10 gift card towards another game through their site. There's no way they're just going to let this one slide.

#5 Posted by StarFoxA (5164 posts) -

Holy crap, I wish I had a PC capable of running that.

#6 Posted by Animasta (14726 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
" I bought it before I realized how much of a big miff of a price mistake it is (other titles that haven't even been released yet are marked at $1). Now I somewhat feel bad, and I also wonder how this whole thing is going to play out. I half expect to get playing and then get cut off tomorrow with an e-mail apology and maybe a $10 gift card towards another game through their site. There's no way they're just going to let this one slide. "
that's still a 9 dollar profit; also depends if they get it fixed quick enough, I think. oh well, it's just a dollar
#7 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Lol I paid $60, that has to be a mistake, or they realise their DRM isn't going to sell the game and now it's practically worthless, lol.

#8 Posted by churrific (485 posts) -
@squirtle_squad:  Wow that deal seems almost too unbelievable. And plus you said "good luck", lol which, in general, always makes me suspicious of oncoming doom for some reason. Let us know if you can actually play it in single player and multiplayer when you get a chance? Thanks.
#9 Posted by FakePlasticTree (449 posts) -

Still $44.99 in Canada. :(  
 
Oh well, it's a Ubisoft game, I'll just wait for it to come out on PS3, then drop to $10 in a month. 

#10 Posted by squirtle_squad (266 posts) -
@churrific: 
Well its now downloading at 80-84kbps so it seems that a ton of people are jumping on this as well. So by the time it finishes Im sure the deal would already be taken down.
Its a 8gb d/l. Its just a buck go for it! Whats the worst that could happen?
#11 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

This has to be a mistake, I still bought it though. 

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (12160 posts) -

I just bought it, downloading now.

#13 Posted by Chris2KLee (2338 posts) -

Got it, let's see if they try and take it back. Haven't played a SC games since the first one, and even then I never finished it. Still for $1, is should be interesting.

#14 Posted by Animasta (14726 posts) -
@squirtle_squad said:
" @churrific:  Well its now downloading at 80-84kbps so it seems that a ton of people are jumping on this as well. So by the time it finishes Im sure the deal would already be taken down. Its a 8gb d/l. Its just a buck go for it! Whats the worst that could happen? "
I've been going at a 1 mb/s for a while now; it's actually going up.
#15 Posted by Rapid (1404 posts) -

that beats steam discounts XD I can't believe they haven't notice haha too bad it's only in the US

#16 Posted by Butano (1790 posts) -

This is fantastic! Already have the regular edition for 360, but I don't mind spending 90 cents for a deluxe edition. Bought!

#17 Posted by SSully (4326 posts) -

I dont reccomment it. I run a rig that can max out crysis and splinter conviction runs like shit. I deleted it right after i downloaded it. Luckily i got it during a steam sale

#18 Posted by commandercup (497 posts) -
@AndrewB:  exactly what I was thinking, hence why I fumbled to p!urchase the damn thing quickly although I think I might want that dollar back for the woot off going on
 
@SSully:  It's a dollar, I'll take some game themed shit for a dollar
#19 Posted by risingsunset7890 (48 posts) -

this post is so excellent. and so is the sale. good job OP! me and my friend just too advantage of this =)

#20 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I'm pretty sure they created this sale because I canceled my previous order from the Ubistore with a complaint that I'd never order from their store ever again.  They did this ONLY to prove ME wrong.  :(

#21 Posted by squirtle_squad (266 posts) -
@Diamond: 
You should do it more often!
Hell, try it with the Blizzard store :)
#22 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

BTW, Ubisoft fixed it just now, before I could finish my order.

#23 Posted by Aerobie (105 posts) -

Fuck, I was literally a few seconds away from hitting (SUBMIT), but nooooooooooooo, I just HAD to go back for that 10 cent off code! Oh well.

#24 Posted by Brizik47 (21 posts) -

So I think I got extremely unlucky. I put it in my cart, put in the promo code and it was 90 cents. Then i went back to the other page to look for something real quick  (to see if there was any other games for this price(AKA i'm greedy)) then i went back to the cart only to see that the price had changed back to $40...sonofabitch. Checked the site and everything, even took the same link I took to get there again, no luck. aw well, I guess i'll have to get in the next big steam sale or something.

#25 Edited by Aerobie (105 posts) -

Aw, shit. Assassin's Creed 1+2 bundle is also a dollar. 
http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.187686200
Got it, hopefully I don't get charged the real price later or anything.
 
EDIT: wait, shit, it downloaded a text file. Fuck, did I just get ripped off trying to rip them off?

#26 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@ajamafalous:
@squirtle_squad: it says 'processing serial number or unlock code' when can i expect a download link?
#27 Posted by Animasta (14726 posts) -

also, you can try with RUSE
 
 http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/ThemeID.8605600/productID.184146600

#28 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -

Yeah, my friend downloaded this. Something is up with the site for US. Even Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia were $1.

#29 Edited by Buttonbasher (23 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" Yeah, my friend downloaded this. Something is up with the site for US. Even Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia were $1. "

Assassins Creed 1 and 2 actually. Problem being that  it didn't spit out a Downloader executable, but instead a Text file. Check it out:

#30 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

Sounds like they might be freezing the keys from activating anyway.

#31 Posted by ajamafalous (12160 posts) -
@AndrewB said:
" Sounds like they might be freezing the keys from activating anyway. "
Where'd you hear that?
#32 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
" @AndrewB said:
" Sounds like they might be freezing the keys from activating anyway. "
Where'd you hear that? "
I'm watching a thread over at Slickdeals.net, but that might have been misinformation. My download should be finishing up any minute now, so I'll give it a go and report back.
#33 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

My order got stuck in limbo, I bought it for a dollar but as it's processing the price went back to $45 :( I click download but it gives me a server error.
 
I think I got caught! I WANT MY DOLLAR BACK YOU SLIMEY SONS OF BITCHES!

#34 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@Buttonbasher said:
" @LiquidPrince said:

" Yeah, my friend downloaded this. Something is up with the site for US. Even Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia were $1. "

Assassins Creed 1 and 2 actually. Problem being that  it didn't spit out a Downloader executable, but instead a Text file. Check it out:

"
Same exact thing happened to me. 
 
AS for Splinter Cell, I've been downloading for an hour or so now. If the key gets freezed, I'll be kinda pissed no lie, but I'll have only lost $1 (or I guess $2 since that whole Assassin's Creed thing didn't work).  
 
@AndrewB:
 Most definitely give us a report back. I truly hope the keys don't get frozen, that'd suck.
#35 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Something similar happened to me. I never got a download link. it just got stuck at 'processing serial number or unlock code.' except for me, i bought the extended download plan, so i lost about 5 bucks. =[
#36 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: the irony is palpable 
#37 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: the irony is palpable  "
I love irony, that's why I called them Slimey bastards.
#38 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -

Well, that went fast. For a second, I though the mistake wouldn't get caught until tomorrow morning. Still, at least, I got a laugh out of it.

#39 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: the irony is palpable  "
I love irony, that's why I called them Slimey bastards. "
i dont think slime has iron in it
#40 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: the irony is palpable  "
I love irony, that's why I called them Slimey bastards. "
i dont think slime has iron in it "
What if it's a slime and it eats your iron sword?
#41 Posted by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

I already hate Ubisoft for making me stay up 'till 3 in the morning to see if this actually works...

#42 Posted by Ryax (4630 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @Ryax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: the irony is palpable  "
I love irony, that's why I called them Slimey bastards. "
i dont think slime has iron in it "
What if it's a slime and it eats your iron sword? "
well then there would be iron in slime. but are they slime bastards or slimey?
#43 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2778 posts) -
@Aerobie said:
"Aw, shit. Assassin's Creed 1+2 bundle is also a dollar.  http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_US/pd/productID.187686200 Got it, hopefully I don't get charged the real price later or anything.  EDIT: wait, shit, it downloaded a text file. Fuck, did I just get ripped off trying to rip them off? "

LOL yeah I got a text file also. I didn't download it yet though. 
 
I don't feel too bad paying 90 cents for a text file because in all fairness, it's a really fun text file
#44 Edited by AndrewB (7691 posts) -

After jumping through so many hoops with validation, activation, and remembering that I actually had an Ubisoft account already, it worked for me. For now... 
 
Gave me a lesson in how *not* to do a PC game. Blizzard makes you register and everything, but it feels like a lot less of a hassle. 
 
Now I'm off to pass out. I'll probably find out tomorrow I can't play after all.

#45 Posted by squirtle_squad (266 posts) -
@defaulttag: 
cart >> payment >> review >> done
When I reached the "done" page the download link and serial number were there.
#46 Posted by Lawrens (688 posts) -

I wish I only paid a dollar for ass's creed 2.

#47 Posted by TheBurzummaniac (23 posts) -
@StarFoxA: Same here, It's pretty much a steal on any console for that price.
#48 Posted by Redbullet685 (6085 posts) -

Got it for 17 new from Amazon on Amazon.

#49 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

I heard RUSE was going for a dollar too but I can't confirm atm. 

#50 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -
@Geno:  Yea, for a few moments there just about every single game on their store was $1 for a while.
 
People should just keep an eye out for suspicious charges if Ubisoft tries to illegally gank the money or a hacker caused all this stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.