Splinter Cell Conviction- general thoughts?

#1 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

Hey all 

I have recently noticed that Splinter Cell Conviction is selling for around £18-20 in some UK stores (so thats about $35-40 US) and this seems a pretty good price for a recent release. 

I was just wandering, what the general consensus is with this game in terms of quality? I dont mind if its not a stealth game and more action orientated but I would like to know whether it does the basic gameplay right and it holds an interesting story or not? 

I did download the demo from Xbox live but I felt a little underwhelmed by it as I found myself getting over run by enemies when going into the base, however, that could have been just me not playing the game correctly. 

So your feedback is appriciated. 

#2 Posted by wormz (140 posts) -

It's a short, mostly black and white game with guns that don't do any damage if you're more than 30 feet away. Action game where the action sucks. That's what I thought of it.

#3 Posted by Brodehouse (9593 posts) -

I thought it was really good.  I feel like the main draw is the co-op levels.  I beat the game twice, on normal and then realistic, and then got a friend of mine to run the co-op story and the hunter missions on realistic.  I put 70 dollars down on it, and was satisfied.

#4 Posted by KarlPilkington (2685 posts) -

It's good.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

excellent

#6 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1170 posts) -

Its ok, I honestly felt a little underwhelmed and cheated at the end. Its definately a better game to rent than to own.

#7 Posted by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

It's broke, I beat it twice on hard and haven't gotten the achievement. 

#8 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I liked the old splinter cell better. They tried to speed up all the climbing and sneaking, but everything came out weird.  Those animations weren't natural. The game was also super easy, especially with the mark and execute gimmick. On top of that it's really short too. I'm not a fan.

#9 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -
@wormz said:
" It's a short, mostly black and white game with guns that don't do any damage if you're more than 30 feet away. Action game where the action sucks. That's what I thought of it. "
Couldn't have said it better myself. Don't waste your money on it.
#10 Posted by apoptosis61 (600 posts) -

very good game , they kinda did fisher looks like punisher but the game is still very good

#11 Posted by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

Would the demo be seen as how the game is in general or was the full version improved much? I can see what the demo was trying but I got frustrated when I was trying to go by stealth and not get shot up when I entered the base underground and ended up getting killed a few times as the enemies just over ran me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.