The bet has been settled, but who won?

#1 Posted by Zaph (274 posts) -
#2 Edited by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

vinny won
who does not know that

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Wait, what was the bet? And why is Andrew Jackson stuck in the Crushing Forehead filter in Photoshop?

#4 Edited by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

" Wait, what was the bet? And why is Andrew Jackson stuck in the Crushing Forehead filter in Photoshop? "

Whether or not Sam Fisher has night vision goggles in Conviction. $50 on the line between Vinny and Ryan.
#5 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:
" Wait, what was the bet? And why is Andrew Jackson stuck in the Crushing Forehead filter in Photoshop? "
ryan said no night vision 
vinny said yes night vision
#6 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

Whether or not Sam Fisher has night vision goggles in Conviction. $50 on the line between Vinny and Ryan. "
Did you not hear about the side bet? A taping of a review but fully naked.
#7 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Jeff also said something about a bet involving how soon DJ Hero would drop in price on twitter. Not sure about the details of that though.

#8 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@The_Laughing_Man said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

Whether or not Sam Fisher has night vision goggles in Conviction. $50 on the line between Vinny and Ryan. "
Did you not hear about the side bet? A taping of a review but fully naked. "
I would not watch that.
#9 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @The_Laughing_Man said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

I would not watch that. "
Are you scared that you might like it?
#10 Posted by natetodamax (19219 posts) -
@Korone said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

Are you scared that you might like it? "
Yes. That is exactly what I meant!
#11 Posted by JammyJesus (771 posts) -

What is that paper?
#12 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @Korone said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

Are you scared that you might like it? "
Yes. That is exactly what I meant! "
I CANT WAIT FOR THIS REVIEW FROM RY...OMG!!!! * covers eyes*
#13 Posted by Wes899 (2126 posts) -

I'm betting that the goggles in game are not night vision. They're some kinda sonar.

#14 Posted by stephengotlost (703 posts) -

Can't wait for Ryan's proceeding passive-aggressive and antagonistic attitude towards Vinny.

#15 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3081 posts) -

Vinny.

#16 Posted by Damian (1538 posts) -
@stephengotlost said:
" Can't wait for Ryan's proceeding passive-aggressive and antagonistic attitude towards Vinny. "
LMAO! Great, now Ryan's editing that part out of the bombcast. 

Weren't there some stipulations, though? Ryan's a stickler fer stipulatin'. 
I guess we'll find out later.
#17 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (502 posts) -

I thought Vinny said yes to NVG. Therefore Ryan wins:
http://www.giantbomb.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/61-20464/reviews/ 

#18 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" Jeff also said something about a bet involving how soon DJ Hero would drop in price on twitter. Not sure about the details of that though. "
They sell things on Twitter?
#19 Posted by Shinri (534 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Video_Game_King said:

I would
#20 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -
@RiotBananas: 
I meant that Jeff said this on twitter.
#21 Posted by twillfast (574 posts) -
@Apathylad said:
" Jeff also said something about a bet involving how soon DJ Hero would drop in price on twitter. Not sure about the details of that though. "
This was about wheather or not the renegade edition would be under $80 (i think) by February, but there was no wager.

@Scarlet_Rogue said:
"  I thought Vinny said yes to NVG. Therefore Ryan wins: http://www.giantbomb.com/tom-clancys-splinter-cell-conviction/61-20464/reviews/  "

The original bet was if he'd have the three lights and Ryan basically said 'no, he's not gonna rely on that technology.'
Jeff said "I think you're smart to take that bet", because Sam Fisher is all rogue and bad-ass now.
I don't know when and how it changed into if there'd be NVG's, but the whole "they're sonar goggles!" is totally Ryan's way of cheaping out.

By all accounts of a gentleman's wager, Vinny was correct in his assumption and should've won.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.