Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Thoughts on the Campaigns in Splinter Cell Conviction?

Avatar image for angre_leperkan439
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Angre_Leperkan439
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Angre_Leperkan439

Btw, feel free to post your thoughts/explanations as to why you did/didn't like the campaigns.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

i loved the game. both co op and single. it felt like an action spy movie. yeah it could have been longer but it was awesome none the less.

Avatar image for unsolvedparadox
    unsolvedparadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By unsolvedparadox

Did the complete solo and 1st co-op one so far, having fun to this point. Short but pretty sweet.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hourai

I thought the singleplayer was pretty damn good. I wasn't really digging the plot at first, but around the Lincoln Memorial things started getting a lot more intense. 

Only did the first mission of the co-op campaign so far but I enjoyed it too. A lot more fun to play with another person. 

Dan64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Dan64

I don't see how anyone would choose A and not E.

mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By mesklinite

I love how the missions in SP are all linked together with loading video making things seem pretty seamless.
    yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By yevinorion

I really enjoyed both, but on Realistic there are parts that just seem a little cheap in both. Nothing rage-inducing, but a few things that just weren't a whole lot of fun. I feel the pace of the game flows a bit better on Normal difficulty. Mostly though, I thought they were good. Stories are quite cliché, but well told nonetheless.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By superfriend

I absolutely HATED that scene when you enter the Third Echelon building. You can´t skip that scene and it plays every time you fail in the next 2-3 Minutes. "I´m Sam Fisher. I used to work here." Pretty darn cool the first time, but really annoying the second and third time.

Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superfriend said:
    " I absolutely HATED that scene when you enter the Third Echelon building. You can´t skip that scene and it plays every time you fail in the next 2-3 Minutes. "I´m Sam Fisher. I used to work here." Pretty darn cool the first time, but really annoying the second and third time. "
    hahaha totally, I had to do that like 30 times. Pretty sweet when you finally nailed it tho. Ya know
    mastrbiggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By mastrbiggy

I like the entire game.  Worth the $50 imo.

Phaazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Phaazon
    @Superfriend said:
    " I absolutely HATED that scene when you enter the Third Echelon building. You can´t skip that scene and it plays every time you fail in the next 2-3 Minutes. "I´m Sam Fisher. I used to work here." Pretty darn cool the first time, but really annoying the second and third time. "
    lol i think I watched that about 10 times.  I played through on Realistic my first time and towards the end of the game there were a few controller throwing moments for me.
    tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By tomance

I really liked the single player.  The story actually had me interested.  I can say that no other SC game has done that.  I still have to play the co-op with a friend though, but I've heard really good things.

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#14  Edited By yevinorion
    @Phaazon said:
    " @Superfriend said:
    lol i think I watched that about 10 times.  I played through on Realistic my first time and towards the end of the game there were a few controller throwing moments for me. "
    Tell me about it. Trying to play through it in one sitting on Realistic my first time really seemed like a bad idea at 4am when I was dead tired and had to watch this damn cutscene multiple times. Lets not even get into the VP/Ballroom scene.
    Angre_Leperkan439

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yevinorion said:
    " @Phaazon said:
    " @Superfriend said:
    lol i think I watched that about 10 times.  I played through on Realistic my first time and towards the end of the game there were a few controller throwing moments for me. "
    Tell me about it. Trying to play through it in one sitting on Realistic my first time really seemed like a bad idea at 4am when I was dead tired and had to watch this damn cutscene multiple times. Lets not even get into the VP/Ballroom scene. "
    haha, agreed, I went through that too. It was like, "WHAT THE F! WHY WON'T YOU JUST DIE AND LEMME SLIDE PAST YA!"
    mesklinite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mesklinite
    @Phaazon said:
    " @Superfriend said:  

Yeah.... I have to agree with that. I was doig it on realistic too and I saw that cut scene too many times. But one I understood that you don't have to hurry up. I was much easier. The rest of that level was wicked!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.