Ubi thinks we are dumb

  • 81 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -

 Wow this game holds your hand like crazy.  
3:48 the word "CLIMB" is written on the wall next to the pipe you use to climb up the wall.  LOL
4:08 "FIND SARAH'S KILLER"  written on the wall.  No shit.....I never would have figured that out thank god it is written on the wall for us.  LOL 
5:43 "COVER" is actually written on the counter you use for cover.  Wow just wow.  LOL 
7:18 "WEAPON STASH" written on the actual weapon stash.  LOL
7:33 "CLIMB" is written AGAIN on the wall next to the pipe you use to climb up the wall.  WTF Ubi do you really need to do this on every single pipe we need to use to climb up?  LOL   
8:14 "GRAB SARAH'S KILLER" written on the door leading to the Sarah's killer.  WTF Ubi you just told us her killer is behind that door.  What happened to the good old days where you try to find the killer on your own without a big ass freaking sign on the door leading to him.  LOL 
 
Don't take this the wrong way....I think the game will be kind of cool.  But with the retarded always online DRM and this stupid hand holding crap Ubi is really getting annoying.  
FYI....I'm a HUGE fan of the first 3 Splinter Cell games and love them to death.
 
Gameplay video 

#2 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -

XD. I't can seem a bit dumb in some occasions, but that's because they are using it as a big marketing kick

#3 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

My guess is that its a tutorial.

#4 Posted by Demigonis (192 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
tutorial.
#5 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -

Wow you're so clever. LOL

#6 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
It is  ...
#7 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

SHOOT THIS GUY 
THROW A GRENADE BETWEEN THESE DUDES 
USE NIGHT VISION GOGGLES 
CROUCH 

I hope they add bread crumbs while they're at it.

Online
#8 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
LOL
 
 
@Demigonis said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:
tutorial.
"
#9 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -

Wut? Isn't this the tutorial? That's what tutorials do.

#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
It is  ... "
So then why is the TC complaining?
#11 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

It's a tutorial, stop freaking out.  It won't be like that the entire game.  They have to teach you how to play, this isn't 1993.

#12 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -
@NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 
Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game.
#13 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Really?.....
 
........
 
=(
#14 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Wrong its not so blatant in the full game it doesn't tell you were to climb and take cover.... just your objectives
#15 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Mission objectives will be displayed throughout the game. Tutorial stuff like "climb" and "cover" on the other hand, will only be displayed when it's, well, tutorial time.
#16 Edited by NoDeath (798 posts) -

I'm way more interested in 1:58 where the guy straight up says Sam gets his old goggles back...
 
Unless that's just the sonar ones we've seen for a while

#17 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @THE_END said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Mission objectives will be displayed throughout the game. Tutorial stuff like "climb" and "cover" on the other hand, will only be displayed when it's, well, tutorial time. "
I'm glad to find that out, TC scared me there for a second ^__^
#18 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:

" @THE_END said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Wrong its not so blatant in the full game it doesn't tell you were to climb and take cover.... just your objectives "
 
Denial.
Let me guess you don't think it is going to ship with the always online DRM either right?
#19 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

A tutorial showing you how to play the game?
 
Mind has been blown.

#20 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @ZombieHunter said:

" @THE_END said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Wrong its not so blatant in the full game it doesn't tell you were to climb and take cover.... just your objectives "
 Denial. Let me guess you don't think it is going to ship with the always online DRM either right? "
lol i plan to get the 360 version so i could honestly careless :P
#21 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@THE_END: 
 
OK, now you're just trolling. After watching the video (and I've played the demo) none of the stuff seems that intrusive. If it bothers you so much don't buy the game. Simple.
#22 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -

Well YOU'RE dumb, so they're partially right.

#23 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

THE_END has been wrong about many things before and has created some well... dumb topics.
I'm not surprised if he's wrong about this, which he probably will be.

#24 Edited by THE_END (466 posts) -
@NoDeath said:

" @THE_END:   OK, now you're just trolling. After watching the video (and I've played the demo) none of the stuff seems that intrusive. If it bothers you so much don't buy the game. Simple. "

Wrong.  I'm simply pointing out a new feature that I think holds your hand wayyyy too much.  If you like games with a big sign on the door stating "Your daughter's killer is behind this door go in there and grab him" then more power to you.  But I personally hate this feature and I'm smart enough to figure that out on my own.  It is such a bad feature that it is almost spoiler material.  If they did not have that big freaking sign on the door then you would never know that your daughter's killer was even in the room until you actually went in there and explored the room for yourself.
 
Bottomline: this feature sucks and that is my opinion which I am entitled to.
#25 Posted by j_meyer_13 (386 posts) -

"A number of gamers have criticized the AI, can you say whether the AI will be any different in the final build, as we know you've spent the extra time tweaking this facet of the gameplay since the delayed release date? A lot of gamers have also found that even on the realistic difficulty setting, the demo can be completed quite easily, can you allay their fears and confirm that the realistic setting in the full game will offer much more of a challenge?

We designed the demo with one main objective in mind: make it exciting and fun to play for as much people as possible; even for gamers who had never played Splinter Cell before but were into action games. With that in mind, we adapted the level design (less enemies, more projected texts, tutorials) as well as the AI for this demo to meet this objective. We also ran a lot of playtests and worked in conjunction with Microsoft’s people who have been really resourceful on this matter, and we feel that we found the right balance for a lot of gamer to have fun with this demo and still find it challenging.

The demo doesn’t feature the hardest enemies you’ll face in the final game. Remember, Sam will come up against more than just Black Arrow mercs (which is all you see in the demo). More capable enemies will have different levels of aggression and tactics. When you face more elite operatives in the realistic difficulty setting you will be challenged. A good example of this is when Sam goes up against other Splinter Cell agents."


 
Here's the important part: " we adapted the level design (less enemies, more projected texts, tutorials) as well as the AI for this demo" 
 
Hopefully that clears up some complaints... 
 
Source
#26 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" THE_END has been wrong about many things before and has created some well... dumb topics. I'm not surprised if he's wrong about this, which he probably will be. "
 
I could say the same about many of your replies to topics but I won't because I'm not degrading myself down to your level.
#27 Posted by Snail (8579 posts) -
@ZombieHunter said:
" @THE_END said:
" @ZombieHunter said:

" @THE_END said:

" @NekuSakuraba said:
" My guess is that its a tutorial. "
 Wrong this is not a tutorial.  This feature will be in the game through out.  A while back when I was surfing the official SCC forum lots of fans were complaining about this new feature being in the game. "
Wrong its not so blatant in the full game it doesn't tell you were to climb and take cover.... just your objectives "
 Denial. Let me guess you don't think it is going to ship with the always online DRM either right? "
lol i plan to get the 360 version so i could honestly careless :P "
OK, son, take a close look at this diagram.
 

#28 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @NoDeath said:

" @THE_END:   OK, now you're just trolling. After watching the video (and I've played the demo) none of the stuff seems that intrusive. If it bothers you so much don't buy the game. Simple. "

Wrong.  I'm simply pointing out a new feature that I think holds your hand wayyyy too much.  If you like games with a big sign on the door stating "Your daughter's killer is behind this door go in there and grab him" then more power to you.  But I personally hate this feature and I'm smart enough to figure that out on my own.  It is such a bad feature that it is almost spoiler material.  If they did not have that big freaking sign on the door then you would never know that your daughter's killer was even in the room until you actually went in there and explored the room for yourself.  Bottomline: this feature sucks and that is my opinion which I am entitled to. "
And all I'm saying is you're being a dick about it (telling people they are in denial because they don't share your opinion). I see your point, but I disagree with it (I actually think the visual effect is really cool), you're entitled to your opinion, don't try to tell me I'm not entitled to mine.
 
@THE_END said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" THE_END has been wrong about many things before and has created some well... dumb topics. I'm not surprised if he's wrong about this, which he probably will be. "
 I could say the same about many of your replies to topics but I won't because I'm not degrading myself down to your level. "
 
But... You just did... O_o
#29 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -
@Snail: 
 
Are you freaking serious.  That is completely off topic and has nothing to add to the discussion.  I'm so sick of you people that I'm closing my Giant Bomb account.  I will go else where for my gaming needs.......
#30 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

What if a msg on the wall said stop pirating the game? Or you got owned by our drm.

#31 Posted by AltonBrown (948 posts) -
@HitmanAgent47: Ha.
#32 Posted by Dark_Jon (581 posts) -

PC version of Conviction just got delayed for two weeks. That and with the DRM and I hate Ubisoft. They treat PC Gamers like crap.

#33 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@Snail: 
 He said he "could hardly care less", which means he couldn't care less...
 
Though it does bug the hell out of me when people say 'could care less' instead of 'couldn't'
#34 Posted by jakob187 (21642 posts) -

If anything, I would assume using the climb and cover texts is a way of confirming that, yes, you are close enough to this object in order to use it in this contextually sensitive way.  As for "Find Sarah's Killer", it could very easily be a way of putting tension in a situation, riling up some emotion. 
 
Stop taking things as "this is made for stupid people" and take it as Ubisoft trying to revamp the Splinter Cell franchise into something worthwhile...unlike Double Agent or Chaos Theory...

#35 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@Dark_Jon said:
" PC version of Conviction just got delayed for two weeks. That and with the DRM and I hate Ubisoft. They treat PC Gamers like crap. "
Because PC gamers treat them like crap. Not all, of course, but the majority. 
 
I mean, what do you want them to do? Release the game without DRM, and watch 95% of PC gamers interested in the game pirate it?
#36 Posted by EvilTwin (3324 posts) -
@NoDeath said:
" @Snail: 
 He said he "could hardly care less", which means he couldn't care less...  Though it does bug the hell out of me when people say 'could care less' instead of 'couldn't' "
He said he could "honestly" care less.  I don't even know why I'm posting in this thread, though.
#37 Posted by Lambert (404 posts) -

How dare the fucking tutorial tell those who might actually have a life and not play 24/7 how to play the game /run on sentence

#38 Edited by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@Icemael said:

" @Dark_Jon said:

" PC version of Conviction just got delayed for two weeks. That and with the DRM and I hate Ubisoft. They treat PC Gamers like crap. "

Because PC gamers treat them like crap. Not all, of course, but the majority.  I mean, what do you want them to do? Release the game without DRM, and watch 95% of PC gamers interested in the game pirate it? "
Its a tough balance because I think ultra strict DRM also encourages people to pirate because of they feel like they're "stickin' it to the man"
 
I think the best way to do it is to reward people for buying the game instead of punishing them for not doing so. Like the Cerberus stuff with ME2 and the map pack that came with Gears 2.
 
 @EvilTwin said:

" @NoDeath said:

" @Snail: 
 He said he "could hardly care less", which means he couldn't care less...  Though it does bug the hell out of me when people say 'could care less' instead of 'couldn't' "
He said he could "honestly" care less.  I don't even know why I'm posting in this thread, though. "
Damn, he did too...
 
...shit.
#39 Posted by THE_END (466 posts) -
@Lambert said:
" How dare the fucking tutorial tell those who might actually have a life and not play 24/7 how to play the game /run on sentence "
 
STFU.  You are part of the reason I am closing my account.  I'm sick and tired of you people in the forums.
#40 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
HIS NAME IS THE_END
 
 
 
 
I'm so sorry..
#41 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @Lambert said:
" How dare the fucking tutorial tell those who might actually have a life and not play 24/7 how to play the game /run on sentence "
 STFU.  You are part of the reason I am closing my account.  I'm sick and tired of you people in the forums. "

#42 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@NoDeath said:
" @Icemael said:

" @Dark_Jon said:

" PC version of Conviction just got delayed for two weeks. That and with the DRM and I hate Ubisoft. They treat PC Gamers like crap. "

Because PC gamers treat them like crap. Not all, of course, but the majority.  I mean, what do you want them to do? Release the game without DRM, and watch 95% of PC gamers interested in the game pirate it? "
Its a tough balance because I think ultra strict DRM also encourages people to pirate because of they feel like they're "stickin' it to the man"
 
I think the best way to do it is to reward people for buying the game instead of punishing them for not doing so. Like the Cerberus stuff with ME2 and the map pack that came with Gears 2."
 
When they don't have DRM, people pirate the games. When they have DRM, people pirate the games "because the DRM is unfair". And even with a reward system like Cerberus Network, people will still pirate the game. I mean, would you rather pay $60 for Mass Effect 2 plus a couple of lame missions that don't really matter, or play Mass Effect 2 without those missions for free
 
It's damned if you do, damned if you don't. The only way to really stop piracy -- or at least significantly decrease it -- is to simply stop releasing games for the PC. Then, the pirates won't have anything to pirate (funny thing is, though, they would probably whine about how it's "unfair" that games don't get PC versions).
#43 Posted by jkz (4002 posts) -

OH MY GOD KILL THIS GOD DAMN THREAD THIS SHIT IS RIDICULOUS! 
 
/endcapslockrant

#44 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @Snail:   Are you freaking serious.  That is completely off topic and has nothing to add to the discussion.  I'm so sick of you people that I'm closing my Giant Bomb account.  I will go else where for my gaming needs....... "
April Fools?
#45 Posted by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @Lambert said:
" How dare the fucking tutorial tell those who might actually have a life and not play 24/7 how to play the game /run on sentence "
 STFU.  You are part of the reason I am closing my account.  I'm sick and tired of you people in the forums. "
Word, duder. How dares someone make sense?
#46 Posted by NoDeath (798 posts) -
@Icemael: 
Yeah, I don't know the solution (neither does anyone else, obviously).
 
All I know is I pay for PC games and I want to keep being able to pay for PC games.
#47 Posted by CptBedlam (4449 posts) -
@THE_END said:
" @Lambert said:
" How dare the fucking tutorial tell those who might actually have a life and not play 24/7 how to play the game /run on sentence "
 STFU.  You are part of the reason I am closing my account.  I'm sick and tired of you people in the forums. "
Then go, you whiny troll.
 
It's funny how you started bitching around when people didn't agree with you. How old are you? 13?
#48 Posted by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -
@Ace829 said:
" @THE_END said:
" @Snail:   Are you freaking serious.  That is completely off topic and has nothing to add to the discussion.  I'm so sick of you people that I'm closing my Giant Bomb account.  I will go else where for my gaming needs....... "
April Fools? "
lol thats what i was thinking  
 
 
nobody can be that idiotic  
#49 Posted by neoepoch (1293 posts) -

TC you are wrong. I played the co-op build at PAX and this stuff only showed up to point out objectives. What the others are saying is right. This is only tutorial stuff.
Stop trolling, you fail.

#50 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -
@TheFreeMan said:
" LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
LOL
 
 
@Demigonis said:
" @NekuSakuraba said:
tutorial.
"
"
pretty much sums up what i was going to say.  
 
LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.