Update about the defective USBs

#1 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

In case anyone still wants their bonus stuff... 

"Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction Xbox 360 Limited Edition version will now be priced at $69.99 MSRP in North America.

After receiving the final product it was discovered that a select amount of custom USB drives appear to be defective. To compensate for this matter, Ubisoft has set a new price point for the Limited Edition version of the game.

Any consumers that experience an issue with their USB drives should visit www.splintercell.com/usboffer on Friday, April 16, 2010 to download the content. Please note that the game itself has not been affected at all by this issue and is now available in stores. "

I dunno how any one feels about our broken USBs but at least we got it for $10 less, even if we have to go out of our way to get all that content.

#2 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

Well it's April 16 and nothing is going on at that website.

#3 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

NOW it's available. 449MB Zip File.

#4 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -

By the way it's available for ANYONE to download. Pretty cool wallpapers I must say.

#5 Posted by xyzygy (9871 posts) -
@snoopdye said:
" By the way it's available for ANYONE to download. Pretty cool wallpapers I must say. "
Whoa thats awesome. Downloading now.
#6 Posted by Euryb (109 posts) -

thanks for the post. i'm one of the unlucky few with the broken usb drive.

#7 Posted by snoopdye (87 posts) -
@Euryb said:
" thanks for the post. i'm one of the unlucky few with the broken usb drive. "
no problemo
#8 Posted by AndrewB (7453 posts) -

In my eyes, save $10 for a usb drive that costs less than $10 and still get all the content is a win-win.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.