Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Well I absolutely love the new direction!!

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

I think the newer more 'frantic' pacing completely reflects Fisher's mental/emotional state, using everything from before but MUCH more brutally!!  
    I dont think you need to be able to knock dudes out or drag bodies around, because you're not returning to areas anymore, and as you're basically a fugitive, they sorta know you're there, and you can have fun playin around with th guards ala Arkham Asylum!  

When guards are searching for you and you sneak a headshot in on the leader only to hear th rest of them freak out, its AWESOME!! 
    I honestly think its taken a turn for the better, and cant WAIT 4 th final product!! :D

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I personally do NOT love the new direction. It seems like they are trying to fuse Assassin's Creed and Splinter Cell into one, and I am not loving it.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Andorski

Between this and Batman: Arkham Asylum, it looks like developers are finding ways to make stealth player not feel like pussies.  Both games also allow the player to canvas the area before taking everyone out - real stalker-like.

As for the mark-and-execute feature, I initially wasn't the biggest fan of it.  All you have to do is spot enemies and the game takes care of the rest, which isn't all that fun.  After playing the demo a couple of times though, I found using the mark-and-execute feature along with Fisher's other stealth moves to be the better/more fun way to play the game.  Marking three guys beforehand and doing a death from above on a forth enemy right in the middle of the room(only to use that gained execute on the aforementioned marked guys) is truly badass.  It adds to the whole "plan, and then attack" predator feeling that this game is going for.  Mark-and-execute might make the game easier, but I see no problem in that.  It's really fun.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    @Andorski said:
    " Between this and Batman: Arkham Asylum, it looks like developers are finding ways to make stealth player not feel like pussies.  Both games also allow the player to canvas the area before taking everyone out - real stalker-like.  As for the mark-and-execute feature, I initially wasn't the biggest fan of it.  All you have to do is spot enemies and the game takes care of the rest, which isn't all that fun.  After playing the demo a couple of times though, I found using the mark-and-execute feature along with Fisher's other stealth moves to be the better/more fun way to play the game.  Marking three guys beforehand and doing a death from above on a forth enemy right in the middle of the room(only to use that gained execute on the aforementioned marked guys) is truly badass.  It adds to the whole "plan, and then attack" predator feeling that this game is going for.  Mark-and-execute might make the game easier, but I see no problem in that.  It's really fun. "
    Exactly right with the marking. When used from a vantage point it's pointless, but used as part of a combo after taking another guy out, it's genius.
    Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Kazona

After playing the demo I'm even more sold on the new Splinter Cell. It seems like there's a pretty wide variety in how you can tackle different situations. It takes some getting used to, but once that's out of the way, I think you can string together some amazing ways for taking out bad guys.

Avatar image for shalashaskauk666
    ShalashaskaUK666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ShalashaskaUK666

Yeh I like planning everything out and then go all out in a string of moves, ending with the slow motion of the last M&E as the bodies drop....its beautiful!! 
    Oh and if you guys didnt know, you can mark dudes when in th sonar view, if you wanna pre-mark through walls in prep for stormin in or whatever!! 

Game absolutely RAWWWWKS!!!!! :D

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By tomance

People who really liked the old splinter cell don't seem to realize that they are not required to use the mark and execute stuff.  I know it's still faster but it's not completely different.

RobertCop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RobertCop

I love the new direction, taking a bit getting used to the new controls though.

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ryax

for some reason this splinter cell kind of reminds me of a jason bourne kinda thing. just the way it feels looks and moves. but never the less, i love it.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By hatking
    @Ryax said:
    "for some reason this splinter cell kind of reminds me of a jason bourne kinda thing. just the way it feels looks and moves. but never the less, i love it. "

I think they took strong inspiration from those movies, a good thing in my book. 

I really enjoyed the demo, I may actually enjoy this Splinter Cell game... feels weird saying that.  Also did anybody else think that the demo was mad short?  Once I got to the end I thought, "there is no way this is over already."  Then again maybe I'm just spoiled by the Just Cause demo which I've put more time into than some full games I've played.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ryax
    @HatKing said:
    " @Ryax said:
    "for some reason this splinter cell kind of reminds me of a jason bourne kinda thing. just the way it feels looks and moves. but never the less, i love it. "
    I think they took strong inspiration from those movies, a good thing in my book.  I really enjoyed the demo, I may actually enjoy this Splinter Cell game... feels weird saying that.  Also did anybody else think that the demo was mad short?  Once I got to the end I thought, "there is no way this is over already."  Then again maybe I'm just spoiled by the Just Cause demo which I've put more time into than some full games I've played. "
    it was the shortest demo i have ever played. it takes me like 5 minutes. on easy and hard. kinda disappointing but makes me want it more

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.