Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

What's with Jeff's beef with Michael Ironside?

• 57 results
    DJJoeJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#51  Edited By DJJoeJoe

Recently saw Ironside on the tv show Castle, he kinda has the presence as his sam fisher voice, but he did sound 'slightly' different. You can tell the guy has that dark awesome voice naturally and it's really his 'base' voice.

CactusJack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By CactusJack

Jeff has a point.  Micheal Ironside was great, but now he sounds drunk as hell.  Take the scotch out of the VO booth......

yevinorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#53  Edited By yevinorion

I feel it was adequate for the job. I haven't played a Splinter Cell game since Chaos Theory so it's been awhile since I've heard it so I can't really accurately compare. In any case, I chuckled to myself a bit on a few lines around the Kobin's Mansion level. "Whereshh my daughter?!?!". Still, good enough of a job overall that it didn't take me out of the game.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#54  Edited By yakov456
    @Lambert said:
    " Jeff has a beef with everything. Him and Ryan are pessimists. "
    Yep that is true. You just have to take what they say with a grain of salt and find the humor in it. Which is usually not hard at all.
    sawfish22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By sawfish22

He's not as bad as Vin Diesel.  When the Bombcast screw was making fun of Vin Diesel in the recent episodes of the Bombcast, I was laughing so damn hard.  Good stuff.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#56  Edited By Undeadpool

I love Ironside, but they're right, he sounds SHITFACED. Like i get it if they actually say in the story that Fisher's been drinking since his daughter was killed, but they need to make that clear (and it'd help to not have him shoot straight or something). Ironside sounded like he did a shot before each take. 
    As to his talent, I've noticed there are basically two kinds of voice actors: ones like Billy West who have a ridiculously high volume of different voices that they can do and ones like Keith David where they've only got one, but it's a DOOZY. Ironside just falls into the latter. He doesn't really have range, but he doesn't really need it. That's why he usually plays characters either in the military or police force.

jillsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By jillsandwich
    @Hailinel said:
    " Michael Ironside doesn't voice Sam Fisher as much as he voices Michael Ironside voicing someone that sounds just like Michael Ironside voicing a character known to have the voice of Michael Ironside. "
    This. I enjoy Michael Ironside like I enjoy Bruce Campbell. He's a badass and doesn't afraid of anything, but when you start to think of him as a actor, or a real person, there's nothing there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.