Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Your Demo Impressions?

• 64 results
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By xyzygy

I can't get over how fun this game is, and I love how they make you earn your executions instead of just being able to do it whenever. It will make the game not as easy. This demo basically sold me on the game

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Bionicicide

On my 3rd playthrough, I got used to the controls, but I still don't like the gray-scale shadow system and there is a huge inconsistency for lip-syncing, the bathroom interrogation is spot-on, but the end of the demo was horrible, just so bad.

If they kept Spies v. Mercs I would've bought this.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By chrissedoff

i was really surprised by how much different the game is from the previous ones. lately, i've been replaying double agent in preparation for conviction, and the concept of not being punished for leaving a corpse in the open is something i'm still getting used to. i think it's a great game, but its appeal is more akin to batman arkham asylum than the previous splinter cell games.

Mysterysheep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Mysterysheep

It was fun. I didn't find any problems with the controls. I'm just curious how the full game will be. After a while, I began to realize all I was doing was just knocking one guy out and executing the rest in the room. Then moving on to next room and doing the same. Visually, the game's more stylish than technically impressive. I'll be curious see what it's like when released. 

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#55  Edited By ez123

I thought it was okay.  Hated the controls and graphics.  I'm not a graphics whore but couldn't they at least make it look as good as Chaos Theory? I mean c'mon.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Bionicicide
    @ez123 said:

" I thought it was okay.  Hated the controls and graphics.  I'm not a graphics whore but couldn't they at least make it look as good as Chaos Theory? I mean c'mon. "

I'm a graphics whore and I thought they were one of this generation's best (not in gray-scale). Weird.
    ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#57  Edited By ez123
    @Bionicicide:  Weird indeed.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By DrPockets000

Didn't really have much of a problem with the controls.  but the gameplay is satisfying.  Mark & Execute is absolutely awesome.  

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#59  Edited By clubsandwich

damn it XBL gold, fucking damn it! :x

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By myslead

wow, you guys totally made my day, had no idea there was a demo out!

myslead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By myslead

just wow, you really feel like a complete bad ass... at least from what I've seen so far.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62  Edited By oraknabo

I knew I was interested in this title. I never liked Splinter Cell as much as Metal Gear, but I like Rainbow Six and as I saw more of this game in development I became intrigued. 
    I was excited when they announced the demo. Now, I usually get a demo and play it once, maybe twice, and then decide I need the HD space and remove it. This sometimes leads to buying the game, sometimes not. Very rarely a demo gets released that I just don't want to get rid of and I find myself playing it over and over. Skate 2 was like that, especially once I figured out how to leave the park, but this is very rare. 

This has turned out to be the same kind of demo. I don't love having to do the interrogation every time and sitting through the terrible cutscene, but once I finally get to the real action, each part is like a perfect little playground that I can keep restarting over and over and trying different ways.  It took a few times to get the control scheme down, but once that was overcome, there was nothing I didn't enjoy. One time I headshot everyone without any stealth kills, one time I try to get through without ever firing a shot, another time I try to take out all the guards in a single orchestrated set of actions. Every way I approach it, it's fun and it has the same feeling that I loved in Arkham Asylum of messing with the enemies.  I played it through at least ten times before I even tried the sticky cam and that added another fun element to something I as already having a blast with.

The greatest thing is the mark & execute feature. You can still be patient and methodical, but it adds a whole level of speed and action on top. My favorite use is entering a situation with no executes lined up, but since there are 3 guys in a room, I can go ahead and mark two, stealth kill the third - immediately earning executes in the process -- and hit Y, taking out all three essentially at once, then drop back into the shadows before anyone else even knows what happened. 

I don't know if a demo has ever sold me so completely on a game. I was vaguely interested before,  but now this is a guaranteed buy for me.

Alphawolfy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Alphawolfy

I'm enjoying the game a lot; and will post my first impressions on Youtube soon. (just search my GB name and you'll find my channel) 
    There are a few things I don't like though.  

The darkness near corners and walls makes it hard to get around obstacles, especially when there are a bunch of enemies looking for you.  
    Sometimes its hard to do a melee/stealth kill quick enough because you're around a corner and not in cover (hard to explain, but it's in my video) 

Pretty sure the problems I encountered had something to do with me never playing a SC game before; so I'm confident that this game will be awesome.

DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#64  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I enjoyed the demo but what was up with the cutscene graphics? The ingame graphics were fantastic and the cutscene graphics looked like shit, hopefully that is because this was a previous build of the game. Graphic inconsistency annoys me, either have it look all good, or all bad, but not some parts good or some parts bad because then it just looks really shitty.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#65  Edited By clubsandwich

demo fucking rocks, can't wait, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.