Two Different Versions?

#1 Edited by Dustpan (1691 posts) -

With the upcoming release of Splinter Cell: Conviction I have decided to buy Double Agent off of amazon.com. Amazon lists two different versions of the game. Could someone please inform me as to what the difference between the two is.

#2 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

I've never seen that second box art before.

Maybe it was a custom user box art made on some site, and that was the image someone used to upload Double Agent originally?

I have no idea.

#3 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

one has night vision one does not

#4 Posted by Sanryd (1362 posts) -

If you search Google shopping, it returns like 7 games all with different box art. Not sure what the deal is but you'd probably be fine if you just went with the cheaper one. 

#5 Edited by Xolare (1274 posts) -

Both the games are the same. It's the last gen version that are different from the current gen ones. But be careful, one might be PAL and the other maybe NTSC. And for the record, I've never seen that first box art.

#6 Edited by Sanryd (1362 posts) -
@Xolare said:

"...one might be PAL and the other maybe NTSC. "

My original thought also but if you look at the cover of 2, in the upper-right hand corner it says NTSC and I'm pretty sure number 1 is the one I had and it was NTSC also.
#7 Posted by Dustpan (1691 posts) -

Thank you everyone for the quick responses!, I guess I'll be going with the second one then.

#8 Posted by Xolare (1274 posts) -
@tdk08 said:
" @Xolare said:

"...one might be PAL and the other maybe NTSC. "

My original thought also but if you look at the cover of 2, in the upper-right hand corner it says NTSC and I'm pretty sure number 1 is the one I had and it was NTSC also. "
May just be a coast difference. I've seen the 2nd one everywhere but Mmmmslash says he's never seen it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.