tomb raider underworld issue(souther mexico xibalba)

#1 Posted by popmasterruler (574 posts) -

 I'm having issues with the calendar puzzle.I've recovered both the jaguar head and the plate,unlocked both calendars and solved both calendars but I'm afraid that I took too long to get back to the ball court and one of the calendars reset themselves.The first calendar won't move at all,the second one will move(only the outer ring) but only slightly to the left or right.I turn it but nothing happens.What do I do,I've run out of options.    

#2 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -

I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment.

#3 Posted by popmasterruler (574 posts) -
@LiquidPrince:  
 
 
So far I've been enjoying it.It just sucks though that this one puzzle is bringing my enjoyment down.
#4 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment. "
It wasn't that bad man. It wasn't great but I think it did a decent job at what i expected it to be. 
#5 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
#6 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment. "
It wasn't that bad man. It wasn't great but I think it did a decent job at what i expected it to be.  "
Not really. It was so freaking buggy, it pissed me off. I couldn't even finish it. It totally ruined all the love I had for the series after Legends.
#7 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment. "
It wasn't that bad man. It wasn't great but I think it did a decent job at what i expected it to be.  "
Not really. It was so freaking buggy, it pissed me off. I couldn't even finish it. It totally ruined all the love I had for the series after Legends. "
Really?! I don't remember any major bugs that prevented me from finishing the game. Then again I have Assassin's Creed brotherhood acting as a 60 dollar dust collector right now because of a very annoying bug. 
#8 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -
@Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment. "
It wasn't that bad man. It wasn't great but I think it did a decent job at what i expected it to be.  "
Not really. It was so freaking buggy, it pissed me off. I couldn't even finish it. It totally ruined all the love I had for the series after Legends. "
Really?! I don't remember any major bugs that prevented me from finishing the game. Then again I have Assassin's Creed brotherhood acting as a 60 dollar dust collector right now because of a very annoying bug.  "
Weird. I almost done the game with zero bugs.
#9 Edited by OldGuy (1575 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:

" @Mordukai said:

Really?! I don't remember any major bugs that prevented me from finishing the game. Then again I have Assassin's Creed brotherhood acting as a 60 dollar dust collector right now because of a very annoying bug.  "
Weird. I almost done the game with zero bugs. "
I'll be he's run into the: quit the game while in 2012 and now your save won't load bug. Very nasty.
 
I also never ran into a bug in Underworld on the 360...
#10 Posted by PenguinDust (12636 posts) -

I didn't mind the game too much since it served as a nice warm up for Uncharted 2 a year ago.  Anyway, I suggest you look at the playthroughs on YouTube.  

#11 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" @Mordukai said:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'm not really gonna be helpful, I'm just gonna say that game sucked. Big disappointment. "
It wasn't that bad man. It wasn't great but I think it did a decent job at what i expected it to be.  "
Not really. It was so freaking buggy, it pissed me off. I couldn't even finish it. It totally ruined all the love I had for the series after Legends. "
Really?! I don't remember any major bugs that prevented me from finishing the game. Then again I have Assassin's Creed brotherhood acting as a 60 dollar dust collector right now because of a very annoying bug.  "
Weird. I almost done the game with zero bugs. "
I have the White Gradient bug, as it now known. Not a game braking bug like tunnel issue but still very annoying.  
 

I had to lower the brightness to make it more pronounced but this picture was taken in a dark place where sunlight couldn't reach the player. I think what happened is that Ubisof put it as a cheap bloom effect that ended up blowing in their faces. 
#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -
@Mordukai: Yeah the bloom effect is a bit weird in this game. I wish they would tone it down a bit.
#13 Posted by mordukai (7185 posts) -
@LiquidPrince: @OldGuy:  
Kinda odd that so many people are having many issues with the game but none of the reviews I've read, and I've read tons of them, mentioned any of the issues that people are having. I'm pretty much on my last nerve with Ubisoft and their bullshit. I know a patch is coming soon that fixes the Tunnel bug and other issues and if it doesn't fix that white bloom effect then the game is going back to the store and Ubisoft can go, and I mean in the most sincere way, fuck themselves. 
#14 Posted by LiquidPrince (16178 posts) -
@Mordukai: It's not THAT bad for me. It's a minor annoyance that makes things look a bit washed out. I dunno what's up with your thing though. It's weird.
#15 Posted by popmasterruler (574 posts) -

 Well I got tired of running back and forth between both calendars and accomplishing nothing so I started a second playthrough,got back to that part and got past it(yes I have that kind of time).    

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.