Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Franchise »

Created with the release of Tomb Raider on PlayStation in 1996, the Tomb Raider franchise with its iconic heroine adventurer Lara Croft quickly grew into a cross-media pop-culture phenomenon.

So i just bought the Tomb Raider games on steam.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Beaudacious

Holy god is combat horrible, all i can do is jump and shoot and wait for quicktime dodge events. Jesus there should be a giant warning on this game, don't buy unless you hate the last 10 years in gameplay development.

All i want is free aim, jesus christ.

Gavinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gavinn

I thought the first couple of original games were great. Sorry to hear you're not enjoying these more modern entries. However, thank you for saving me the money as I had the games in the basket pending purchase. Is there anything you like about the games or have you not tried all of them?

Regards

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By 71Ranchero

The combat is not the point of Tomb Raider(hint, its a puzzle/exploration game). Im sorry you feel like you made a bad purchase but I for one think the last 2 games were pretty good.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mnzy

Yeah, like most games from that era, they aged horribly.

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

Congratulations on throwing away money due to a fucking Steam sale. TR games - love or hate 'em - are not shooters/ combat games by any stretch of the imagination. Don't be a silly sheep. Put minimal research into games you buy instead.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Beaudacious

@Atramentous: I know its not the point but i don't have an fing choice, i have to take part in it,

Honestly if i made this game i would quit my job and look for a new career path.

Chemin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Chemin

@Baal_Sagoth said:

Congratulations on throwing away money due to a fucking Steam sale. TR games - love or hate 'em - are not shooters/ combat games by any stretch of the imagination. Don't be a silly sheep. Put minimal research into games you buy instead.

Indeed.

OP: If you're looking for combat in your tomb raiding, go play Uncharted. Not that there's any tomb raiding in that game when I think about it, it's just a lot of shooting dudes in the face, but you could probably compare it to Tomb Raider in some sense. Although you might not even have a PS3. In that case, too bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.