360 or ps3?

#1 Edited by crimson26 (49 posts) -

Wondering which console get this for any suggestions or based on reviews i assume there is no big differnce?

#2 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

Pc master race linux steam box Done. All things aside this game does not seem to have any differences I'd say go with 360

#3 Edited by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Whatever platform you're more invested in really. A lot of people like to buy multiplats on their 360 for the achievements and such (PS3 has trophies but the system is better and more uniform on the 360)

#4 Posted by Morningstar (2137 posts) -

I'll get it on the xbox. As far as I can tell both versions are good.

#5 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

I'd get the PC version on account of the HAIR-PHYSICS!

#6 Posted by Eaxis (899 posts) -

What controller do you prefer? 360 for me. Comes down to what system you prefer.

#7 Posted by Village_Guy (2491 posts) -

I'm going for 360, as far as I know, there aren't really any noteworthy differences between the PS3 and 360 versions...

#8 Edited by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

I think he was asking about performance differences. I'm interested in those too.

#9 Posted by SuperLlamaFarmer (19 posts) -

Digital Foundry do good cross-platform analysis in their Face Off series. Seems very likely they'd do one for Tomb Raider but I doubt it'll happen until PC, 360 and PS3 copies are available and from what I've heard the PC version hasn't been given to review sites yet, so you might have to wait until after the official release date.

#10 Edited by Demoskinos (14561 posts) -

I dont think there should be that large of a disparity either way. Obviously PC if you can go that route but if your strictly a console duder to go with where your comfy. If multiplayer concerns you Id guess 360 might have the bigger pool of people.

#11 Posted by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

Digital Foundry do good cross-platform analysis in their Face Off series. Seems very likely they'd do one for Tomb Raider but I doubt it'll happen until PC, 360 and PS3 copies are available and from what I've heard the PC version hasn't been given to review sites yet, so you might have to wait until after the official release date.

Yeah, I love DF. I can't wait until their comparison is up. Although I've already ordered the PS3 version. I may pick it up on PC as well. Hopefully the PS3 version is good though since all the footage I've seen has always been on 360.

#12 Posted by FFFFFFF (75 posts) -

I think the other SE/Eidos games are solid on PS3. I want to say Deus Ex was the same and I remember reading Digital Foundry saying the PS3 Hitman was better than the 360 one.

They seem pretty good about PS3 versions. I'd be surprised if either version was messed up.

#13 Posted by Solh0und (1756 posts) -

I'm grabbing a 360 copy since my last 5 preorders have been PS3. Time to grow my 360 game collection back up again.

#14 Posted by Hector (3355 posts) -

If I do get it, it will be on PS3. Mostly because the majority of the games I own I have for PS3. For Xbox I only have first party games.

#15 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

PC

#16 Posted by Fattony12000 (7036 posts) -

Magnavox Odyssey.

#17 Posted by uniform (1832 posts) -

DF Face-Off has the PS3 as the better of the two. I'm not one to usually care about these comparisons, but I was genuinely torn on which of these two platforms to purchase the game. I ultimately settled on choosing the 360 version after watching an IGN feature the weekend prior to the game's release. This very question was on that segment, and the host replied with something to the effect of: the game was developed with the 360 in mind. Well, I learned the lesson of taking what I hear/read in regards to console comparisons prior to a game release with a grain of salt.

#18 Posted by mbdoeden (159 posts) -

@uniform said:

DF Face-Off has the PS3 as the better of the two. I'm not one to usually care about these comparisons, but I was genuinely torn on which of these two platforms to purchase the game. I ultimately settled on choosing the 360 version after watching an IGN feature the weekend prior to the game's release. This very question was on that segment, and the host replied with something to the effect of: the game was developed with the 360 in mind. Well, I learned the lesson of taking what I hear/read in regards to console comparisons prior to a game release with a grain of salt.

In that IGN guys defense, 360 version has timed exclusivity for the DLC, and knowing that you could say the game was developed with the 360 in mind.

I don't think this is the first time that (even with 360 as the lead platform) the PS3 version was given the aesthetic edge.

#19 Posted by Tackchevy (261 posts) -

I prefer the 360 version for the controller. The grip and construction tend to accrue more dirt and dermis, leading to my favorite part of gaming: cleaning that shit.

#20 Edited by LiquidPrince (15840 posts) -

The PS3 version ended up being the correct version to get as it looks the best out of the two and performs roughly on par with the 360 version. I might pick up the PC version later just for fun and to check out TressFX.

#21 Edited by hollitz (1411 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.