Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

GT gives tomb raider an 8.5

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The stuff they show off in the video review looks fucking awesome, damn I can't wait for next tuesday.

TJUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TJUK

My only question is Xbox or PC?

None of the reviews I've read address what the differences are or if the PC port is any good. My rig was good enough to run Farcry 3 pretty well, so unless Tomb Raider is a complete cluster fuck on PC (locked to 30fps for example) I will probably get it there. Achievements be damned.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I say, we should aggregate all discussions about Tomb Raider reviews in one thread.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

It seems the biggest failing is her early weakness not reflecting in the gameplay. This is a perfect example of where Spec Ops The Line's dialogue and execution animation changes should have been used and extended even further. Make the combat more brutal and professional as the game progresses.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Ravenlight

It seems the biggest failing is her early weakness not reflecting in the gameplay. This is a perfect example of where Spec Ops The Line's dialogue and execution animation changes should have been used and extended even further. Make the combat more brutal and professional as the game progresses.

Forget about Tomb Raider, now I want to play SO:TL again.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What so:tl?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Good to hear. The gameplay always looked good to me so I'm happy it panned out.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@alistercat said:

We all should :D

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@jz: Spec Ops: The Line

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yeah, their video review makes it seem not quite what I'd hoped for, but an interesting starting point for a series, at least.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm watching a playthrough off the game on youtube right now, it looks pretty good so far, only about 30min in the game though...

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

@alistercat said:

I can't believe that's your reaction. My reaction to finishing Spec Ops was "I am never touching this game again" and I uninstalled it. I liked the game, by the way.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.