I hope this game does well.

#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I really fucking like it. It's really really good. Only negitive is that I really hate the bad guy's voice. He sounds like a retarted creepy john wayne.

#2 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2492 posts) -

Uh, okay then.

But yeah even though I'm not going to pick it up for awhile I hope it sells.

#3 Edited by SlashDance (1828 posts) -
#4 Edited by Barrock (3545 posts) -

Me too. I played 65% of the game in one sitting. It's so damn fun.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9742 posts) -

Me too. It's a blast.

#6 Posted by HoM3R (207 posts) -

Really loving it and can't wait for Lara to become a globetrotter and have the variation of Tomb Raider 3 and hope they keep the progression elements. Half of it is is just the memories since Tomb Raider is really the first full game I played and they just nailed the nostalgia. If you just take a outline of Lara from the first games and this game its a perfect match, camera distance, posture etc.

#7 Posted by Winternet (8025 posts) -

I like how they talk about it as TR9.

#8 Posted by golguin (3965 posts) -

I'm about 65% through the game and it's still pretty good so I'm glad it's doing well.

#9 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

I'm amazed by how good it is. I did not expect the gameplay of a Tomb Raider reboot, on the dying consoles no less, to be this fun, but it's really damn fun.

#10 Edited by BoOzak (966 posts) -

Every core Tomb Raider game sells at least a million, first two sold about 8 or 9 million. Also despite attracting a lot of attension for the wrong reasons Square are pretty decent publishers.

I've enjoyed what I played of it, but I cant say i'd care much if this game failed to profit. There are many games in that vein that would fill the same void. There are a handfull of companies that I think are more deserving like Platinum, CDProjekt & Bethesda that i'll throw money at until i'm broke because I dont think anyone else can make games like theirs, but that's as subjective as it gets.

Point being, Tomb Raider's been around since the 90's and it's not going away.

#11 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (456 posts) -

Its way better than it has any right being, and way better than I would have ever thought.

#12 Posted by mtcantor (948 posts) -

I love this game. I love it so much. Really want to see what this team can do with this new Lara in the future.

#13 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

@boozak said:

Every core Tomb Raider game sells at least a million, first two sold about 8 or 9 million. Also despite attracting a lot of attension for the wrong reasons Square are pretty decent publishers.

I've enjoyed what I played of it, but I cant say i'd care much if this game failed to profit. There are many games in that vein that would fill the same void. There are a handfull of companies that I think are more deserving like Platinum, CDProjekt & Bethesda that i'll throw money at until i'm broke because I dont think anyone else can make games like theirs, but that's as subjective as it gets.

Point being, Tomb Raider's been around since the 90's and it's not going away.

I'd agree with you if you weren't wrong! I'm no easily hyped easily pleased player and I get pretty tough when I critique games, so I gotta tell you this game takes what we know of action third person "shooters" to the next level. This new Tomb Raider turns the cinematic sequences of Uncharted 2 on their head, especially for the reason that the player is there to do more than half the work, as opposed to Uncharted where the best bits are cutscenes. You do the all running and the jumping, and the joy of maneuvering through a collapsing mountain-side building and jumping off only to stick your climbing pick into the rock facing you and climb up is really great.

The shooting is kind of lame, not too different from The Line in its feel and quality, but luckily this isn't so much a shooter as a stealth adventure platformer, and it excels at all three categories.

#14 Posted by Funkydupe (3321 posts) -

It plays really smoothly and the transitions between environmental puzzles and the combat is really good. It is satisfying to complete the various sections that the game presents you with.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.