Is Tomb Raider satisfying for an Uncharted fan?

• 52 results
#51 Edited by Chop (1994 posts) -

Tomb Raider is a lot like Uncharted 1.

You know, before Uncharted actually got good.

#52 Edited by crithon (3081 posts) -

No, no, no, no, those characters that Lara befirends. The slasher movie characters who go off to the sleep away camp. Those guys are just abominations. And then you can do melee kills on them, AND THERE'S FOUNTAINS OF BLOOD FROM MELEE KILL AND THEY FUCKING LIVE? What kind of madness is this game??? And they don't have tressfx, they look at you with those PS2 graphics, oh god, they are monsters.

Uncharted 3's combat just bored me, but still enjoy the climbing and the character interactions. Like the part where Chloe nods on the bus, and there's no dragging in emotions as a jilted ex-lover, but more as a real character. That's wonderful, and it's something we rarely even seen in dynamic of other side characters.

#53 Posted by Humanity (8846 posts) -

@jeust: it was more interesting and more fun than Uncharted for me personally. I got to see an evolution of a person as opposed to this goofy guy constantly spitting clever one liners.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.