"Turning Point" Debut Trailer

#1 Posted by Ocean_H (290 posts) -

#2 Edited by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -

Widescreen!! 

Also... Yes! Really looking forward to this game, and I hope it'll do the character justice. It's very much needed since Uncharted's pretty much steamrolled this franchise in most ways. 
#3 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Colour me excited!

#4 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -

She looks like a character from one of the Final Fantasy CG trailers...

#5 Posted by Axersia (1622 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
It's because all trailers and in-game CG work will once again be created by Square Enix's Visual Arts studio in Japan. I believe they'll continue this trend for all of their flagship franchises.
#6 Edited by Mr_Skeleton (5152 posts) -
 @Axersia: Yes I know it's because the CG is made by Square but I was hoping they won't make her look like the ugly plasticy looking characters  from all of their JRPG games. 
 With that said I am very excited for the game but after seeing this trailer I hope they won't have any CG cutscenes in the game.

Also skip to 1:39 for Square's signature move.
#7 Posted by Axersia (1622 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: Ummm... did you play Tomb Raider Underworld? Lara didn't even remotely resemble a realistic human being in that game. She looked like a cartoon character and always has. I'd say her new looks are a big step up from that.
#8 Posted by ProfessorEss (7473 posts) -

Pretty impressive trailer.

#9 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: Square might be handling the CG work and marketing.. but they have nothing to do with the development of the game.  It's still being made by Crystal Dynamics.  It's not like we're going to see her turned into an anime character with a huge sword, facing down melodramatic plot lines.
#10 Posted by PhatSeeJay (3322 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: I'm sure most, if not all, potential cutscenes are made in-engine to avoid breaking away from the experience. I'm also sure Square want to add some Square-esque moments in those cut-scenes though, but what we'll see in them is what we'll see in the game, and that is Crystal Dynamics.
#11 Posted by Cabbage_TheMan (240 posts) -

Nice tits @1:40 I thought they were trying to change her image though?  If anything, they just made her more sexy.

#12 Posted by Tru3_Blu3 (3239 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton said:
Yes, which were all sexy teenagers that didn't endure puberty and acne throughout their lives.

This Lara, however, is a teenager. So the idea might be there, but it really isn't.
#13 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -

Is it just me or has she lost her edginess somehow? She looks and sounds like a high school girl.

#14 Posted by FlamingHobo (4483 posts) -
@Turbo_Toaster said:

Is it just me or has she lost her edginess somehow? She looks and sounds like a high school girl.

The game is meant to be set sometime before the first Tomb Raider game and so naturally they want to give the impression she's much younger and inexperienced.
#15 Posted by Turbo_Toaster (978 posts) -

@FlamingHobo: Oh! That explains a lot.

#16 Posted by Agent47 (1901 posts) -
@Mr_Skeleton: Uhhhh I miss good ol' CG cutscenes in games.But now developers just got lazy and make them in game.Wouldn't kill to make at least a CG intro and ending.
#17 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Fall of Liberty. Jussayin'

#18 Posted by FuturamaFry (8 posts) -

The trailer is awesome, but it would have been nice to see actual gameplay footage.

#19 Posted by MaFoLu (1859 posts) -

I'm very interested to see more from this game, hopefully the actual gameplay will be good...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.