Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

We'll talk when you're interesting

LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By LlamaLlama

Today, I learnt that a new Tomb Raider is coming out. Now I've never been really interested in the Tomb Raider games, but the announcement kinda captured my attention. For some reason, I have some hope for this game, despite the little information released. If you want to reboot a franchise, you need a new or deeper characterization for the character. A reboot has to offer something new and exciting about the character as well, not just the gameplay.  

I like adventure-action games. I'm playing through Enslaved (stupid university) and I would love the chance to play the Uncharted games, but alas, when I picked out consoles, Mass Effect won out over Uncharted and decided which console I would buy, but every once and while I have an itch to go out and buy a PS3 so I can play that amazing looking series. However, I've always had an inversion to playing Tomb Raider games because I can't take the character seriously. From what I've seen, Lara has always been about the T&A, especially since you'll be staring at her backside for the entirity of the game.  

I've never been able to take her seriously, but now may be different. It's pure speculation, but I see hope in the cover of the Game Informer magazine. See, the focus is entirely on her face, not on her breasts and not showing any midriff or tight fitting costume. I'd like to play the game, if I can take her seriously as a female character. Sure, I like the eye-candy as much as the next guy, but I much rather care about the character because of a compelling or interesting characterization, rather than material that makes her into a sexual object.  

So, I'll wait for information. Hopefully, this series will have a compelling Lara Croft to play as. And if she's still as sexy, well, bonus.
    LlamaLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By LlamaLlama

Today, I learnt that a new Tomb Raider is coming out. Now I've never been really interested in the Tomb Raider games, but the announcement kinda captured my attention. For some reason, I have some hope for this game, despite the little information released. If you want to reboot a franchise, you need a new or deeper characterization for the character. A reboot has to offer something new and exciting about the character as well, not just the gameplay.  

I like adventure-action games. I'm playing through Enslaved (stupid university) and I would love the chance to play the Uncharted games, but alas, when I picked out consoles, Mass Effect won out over Uncharted and decided which console I would buy, but every once and while I have an itch to go out and buy a PS3 so I can play that amazing looking series. However, I've always had an inversion to playing Tomb Raider games because I can't take the character seriously. From what I've seen, Lara has always been about the T&A, especially since you'll be staring at her backside for the entirity of the game.  

I've never been able to take her seriously, but now may be different. It's pure speculation, but I see hope in the cover of the Game Informer magazine. See, the focus is entirely on her face, not on her breasts and not showing any midriff or tight fitting costume. I'd like to play the game, if I can take her seriously as a female character. Sure, I like the eye-candy as much as the next guy, but I much rather care about the character because of a compelling or interesting characterization, rather than material that makes her into a sexual object.  

So, I'll wait for information. Hopefully, this series will have a compelling Lara Croft to play as. And if she's still as sexy, well, bonus.
    keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By keyhunter

I hope they make her tits waaaay bigger in this one. And shorten her hot pants.

gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By gamb1t

We shall wait and see.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By mylifeforAiur

Lara Croft has never been a good character. It's funny really, I was having an argument with my friend about which character is more like-able: Nathan Drake or Lara Croft. He's a gorram fool for liking Lara Croft as a character. I did however (unlike many people) like Underworld^^         

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.