Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 22 releases. Released Mar 05, 2013

A young and inexperienced Lara Croft is shipwrecked on a mysterious island in this reboot of the beloved action adventure franchise, which departs from the mood of prior games in the series.

Will the notorious motorbike return?

ErEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ErEl

So with the reboot of the franchise, do you think we will see her riding her iconic Ducati motorbike again?

I hope it will be one of her new traits that she picks up as she matures over the span of the game.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#2  Edited By Hailinel

I don't think she's going to find a Ducati just sitting around on that island. Lara will probably be lucky if she finds any motorized transport that doesn't try to run her over.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Lara killing a bunch of dudes and hitting sweet jumps on a motorbike is not the tone they are going for.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Dixavd

Depending on the story (and if there turns out to be a true antagonist of the game) they could have a level off the island at the end that might involve her motorbike but I think it is pretty unlikely. Especially if they are following semi-closely (minus the supernatural hanging-corpse parts) to the original origin story then even in that she didn't learn to ride a motorbike until after she was an archeologist (although that is more due to the original origin story having her get stuck on the island at the age of 16).

Either way I think it is pretty unlikely, although I can definitely see it happening either at the end or if the is a proper antagonist (or group) against her who have set up cam and could have brought a motorbike (like in Tomb Raider 3 - at least I think it was that one where you ride the motorbike inside the jungle). Although it seems pretty clear they are aiming at a different tone with this and allowing her a moment on a motorbike might take away from the stuggle (even at the end of her growing arc where it may make it seem like her struggle was kind of pointless and it was the weaponry and vehicles which make her stronger at the end - which likely isn't something they want to be symbolising at the end).

Tl,dr Not likely.

ErEl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ErEl

I just want to see Lara Croft progress in a very gradual and subtle way, but towards the end of the game she's a more familiar character and when you compare her right to the beginning is like a night and day difference and almost heroic.

Assassin's Creed 2 spoilers: Kind of like Ezio in Assassin's Creed 2.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Dixavd

@ErEl: I totally see that - although there is the fine line where they could turn the message of the character's arc from "she struggled and trained and now is the powerful strong character you know" into "it was only when she had the motorbike that she had truly become stronger", and the second one is definitely the one they don't want to imply.

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By MarkWahlberg

@Dixavd said:

@ErEl: I totally see that - although there is the fine line where they could turn the message of the character's arc from "she struggled and trained and now is the powerful strong character you know" into "it was only when she had the motorbike that she had truly become stronger", and the second one is definitely the one they don't want to imply.

Oh man, that would make for a fucking great game, though. Turns out the whole thing is actually a Spy Hunter prequel or something.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheFreeMan

If a motorbike shows up I imagine it'll be the very last stretch of the game in a Halo/Resident Evil 4 sort of scenario.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dixavd

@MarkWahlberg: I think it sounds like a cliche-Japanese game - lots of their games focus on the use of technology and people together to be the best (the symbolism of things like MegaMan and Zelda with the master sword is the next step of this). It does sound pretty great, but I don't think it would suit a Tomb Raider game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

She's gonna ride one directly into a T-Rex's face.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.