Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomb Raider

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Oct 31, 1996

Tomb Raider stars Lara Croft in her first title as she races through the jungles of Peru to the sands of Egypt in pursuit of the Scion, an ancient artifact reputedly holding the key to the ancient mystery of Atlantis itself. It would later be remade as Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Favorite Tomb Raider Game(6-9)

o7studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By o7studios
    o7studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By o7studios

Legend was good, but a little too short compared to the original games. I haven't had a chance to play underworld yet. Any good?

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Rockanomics

It was more of the same, actually less so, because all the collectibles were generic items.  

That's not actually a huge thing, it's just the only thing I can think of because they all blend together at this point.

o7studios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By o7studios

yea i completely agree with what your saying. as much as i love tomb raider, theres only so much you do with it before it all feels like the same.

Avatar image for americanassassin
    AmericanAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By AmericanAssassin

First off, Underworld is TR8, not TR9. Anniversary is a remake. It doesn't have a number. I know this because I know one of the developers personally. The next game is being referred to as both TR9 and/or Tomb Raider: Origins. Just thought I'd straighten that out.

As for my opinion on the matter, I like Anniversary the best. AOD has bad controls (but it's good), TRL is trash, and TRU has far too many bugs.

Paddy86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Paddy86

Angel of Darkness is my favourite overall, better then Legend by far IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-59e904df78d8f
    deactivated-59e904df78d8f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Ahhhh, Angel of Darkness. =] Despite all it's faults I still love it - and the shiny, shiny floor that patches provide. They tried so hard with what little time they were given... 

But then again I have my beef with new!Lara, so I'm  rather biased. =P
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Legend.. it was a long needed reboot, and giving the series to the Legacy of Kain guys really helped.  It returned the series much more to its exploration/puzzle roots.  Rather than the action slock it had developed into.  Anniversary was good too, but ruined many of the memorable scenes, particularly the T-rex being a QTE boss fight, instead of a huge obstacle you were supposed to avoid.. 

Underworld was a good cap on that trilogy, and it had some really great levels.  But it was rushed out by Eidos.. way too short and suffered from a lot of bugs.

Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Pazy

For me it has to be Tomb Raider Anniversary. It has the new tomb raider style (which at its base level its like the original game but "smoother) but also harkens back to that original feeling of lonely and fear I felt as a 7 year old when I first played the original game.I also loved the way it felt like an original game but the way it had all the main spaces from the original game but in a completely new way was amazing.

Though I also love Legend and Underworld (though I liked Angel of Darkness too just not as much) it was fun as an original game but it dosent feel as steeped in lore as Anniversary and felt more like just an action/adventure game so although I loved those games it almost felt like it wasent a Tomb Raider game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.