Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 28, 1999

A sequel to the original Tomba!, Tomba! 2 is a platformer adventure game released for the PlayStation in 1999.

Anyone been following the messed-up situation around Tomba! 2 on PSN?

AsKo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I saw that they finally added the English version to the PSN Store, and I was pretty unhappy with how it seemed like I'd have to pay for it again. FYI, the Japanese version was falsely advertised as the English version on the PlayStation Store last year when it launched, and a handful of people including myself were duped into buying it.

It appears that wasn't the case: http://monkeypawgames.com/2015/11/how-to-get-your-tomba-2-in-english-if-you-purchased-the-japanese-version/

They claim that Sony was going to mail out codes to people who purchased the Japanese version, but so far not a single person has received a code, and someone even said Sony told them on the phone that it was not gonna happen.

November 8, 2015

I checked with Sony customer support and they said that they will not be sending instructions for how to download the English version of the game. I sent them a link to this article, and they said you were mistaken.

As of now, this issue has still not been resolved. I really hope they fix it, I would love to be able to play Tomba! 2 again without paying twice.

DannyHibiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@asko25: I would really recommend calling support and talking to a human that can help you out. I accidentally purchased a game on the incorrect account (no real reason for them to refund me at all really), and after calling Sony support, they took care of everything and refunded my purchase.

That is a sucky situation for sure though. Pretty easy for companies to pass the buck in a loop until you actually annoy them personally.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

That really sucks. I remember being really pissed when they released the Japanese version claiming the US version had emulation issues... which was bullshit because over on the EU store MonkeyPaw released the North American version of the game and it ran completely fine.

I actually bought EU PSN credit from some site I wasn't even sure was legit just so I could buy it from there.

AsKo25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dannyhibiki: I called them, and they said pretty much the same thing as what the other guy got. Monkey Paw is waiting on a response from Sony, and until that gets cleared up, customer service can't do anything about it.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asko25: SO THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED! I was baffled. I bought Tomba 2 (Because I love Tomba 1) and was utterly confused and disappointed that it was in Japanese. I lost the will to figure out what happened and just moved on.

BananasFoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asko25: I would really recommend calling support and talking to a human that can help you out. I accidentally purchased a game on the incorrect account (no real reason for them to refund me at all really), and after calling Sony support, they took care of everything and refunded my purchase.

That is a sucky situation for sure though. Pretty easy for companies to pass the buck in a loop until you actually annoy them personally.

Yeah, but the thing is, I buy PSN games out of respect and courtesy to Sony and the creators. None of us HAVE to.

Behavior like this makes me just kind of say, "allright. I'll just download all this stuff from the internet now, if you're going to steal money from me."

If the gloves are off, they're off.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.