Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tomodachi Life

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Apr 18, 2013

When a variety of Miis live in an apartment complex on a secluded island, relationships and bizarre situations happen in this comedic life situation game for the Nintendo 3DS.

New(not that kind of new) 3DS owner looking for a game

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I just got a used 3DS and I don't really know anything about what games are out there for it.

I know I want Persona Q but my GF just got it so I will just swipe it from her once shes done with it.

The only game I have so far is SMT4. Which I'm enjoying. Its like Persona but with more pokemon like qualities. also it was cheap. Also I don't want Pokemon cause Pokemon got weird after Blue. Which is the only one I ever played and I played the crap out of it. Man they should remake blue for 3ds. F all those pokemon that came after blue.

I THINK I want Tomodachi Life just based on that one UPF and god damned Gigu rorie. But I just cant tell if that game is actually fun or if the novelty will wear off quickly. So I would love to hear from people who have it.

There seem to be a handful of Harvest moon which I LOVED the first one that was on gameboy back in the day but haven't played one since. Any one have an opinion on which one is best?

Any other suggestions? I like RPGs, Bargains, and anything that can be found cheap on amazon but Ill pay full price for the right game.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

So my thing about Tomadochi Life is that it's a cool thing but not so much a game. The novelty kinda runs off after a few weeks and it's not one of those things you can marathon. The game is great but only in short bursts.

If you're into rpgs Fire Emblem Awakening was great if srpgs are your thing. Whenever one of these recommend me a 3ds game posts pop up I always recommend people to check out pusho / crashmo. They're fun puzzle games that can take a hefty chunk of time and they also have the benefit of being super cheap digital games.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Im about to check out the demo for fire emblem. But I'm hit or miss on SRPGs so it may not be for me.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Tomadochi Life is an amazing game for about 10 hours for me, then I didn't want to do the entire cycle over and over again. The game absolutely oozes charm and I'm glad I bought it to support them but when it comes down to it, it wasn't a game for me. I look forward to when my kid is 4 or 5 and he would probably absolutely love the game and have tons of fun, I grew out of it pretty quick.

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Niceanims

Tomodachi Life has barely any sticking power. I'd strongly recommend Animal Crossing over it if you're looking for a light, "I've got ten minutes to spare" management-management-type game.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tomadochi Life is an amazing game for about 10 hours for me, then I didn't want to do the entire cycle over and over again. The game absolutely oozes charm and I'm glad I bought it to support them but when it comes down to it, it wasn't a game for me. I look forward to when my kid is 4 or 5 and he would probably absolutely love the game and have tons of fun, I grew out of it pretty quick.

Yeah thats kind of what I am getting just from the demo.

At this point I am leaning towards one of the harvest moon games. Just not sure which to go with.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Getz

If you like RPGs you could try out Bravely Default. Xenoblade Chronicles is great but you need the New 3DS to play it.

If you're looking for a Harvest Moon game, skip The Lost Valley (it's a bad cash-in from Natsume after they split ways with the original developer). Go with Story of Seasons or A New Beginning. I also really like Rune Factory 4, but it's not for everyone. Fantasy Life is a fun sim along those lines as well. Oh, and Animal Crossing.

Ocarina of Time and Link Between Worlds are really good. Mario 3D Land and Kirby Triple Deluxe round out the first party stuff that's worthwhile.

On the eShop there's BOXBOY and Crashmo.

Virtues Last Reward is a hell of a game, but you need to play 999 first.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: know anything about tale of two towns. I know its a DS port. But its also the cheapest one.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@getz: know anything about tale of two towns. I know its a DS port. But its also the cheapest one.

It's a rough port, with lots of glitches (some debilitating, some benign) as well as just a generally poor control scheme. Yeah, it's cheaper but I doubt you'll get much fun out of it. Splurge on the newer ones, or wait for the prices to go down.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Devil240Z

@getz said:
    @devil240z said:

It's a rough port, with lots of glitches (some debilitating, some benign) as well as just a generally poor control scheme. Yeah, it's cheaper but I doubt you'll get much fun out of it. Splurge on the newer ones, or wait for the prices to go down.

in that case I might be leaning towards virtual console. I know i'm a cheap bastard.

Getz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: You mean the Gameboy Harvest Moon games they have there? Haha, yeah man knock yourself out. Just know that they're pretty primitive. The second one didn't even have the dating stuff in it. You could always just buy the DS version of Two Towns, as it is generally bug-free.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Devil240Z

@getz said:

@devil240z: You mean the Gameboy Harvest Moon games they have there? Haha, yeah man knock yourself out. Just know that they're pretty primitive. The second one didn't even have the dating stuff in it. You could always just buy the DS version of Two Towns, as it is generally bug-free.

I have only ever played the first one for gameboy. So its really all I know.

I tried to play one for the PS1 but I hated the graphical style so much I couldn't do it. even though that one seems to be pretty popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.