Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk: RIDE

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 17, 2009

The tenth game in the Tony Hawk series, RIDE featured the use of a newly conceived skateboard peripheral in an attempt, by Activision, to reboot the series.

Other games to use the controller?

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By louiedog

Robomodo CEO, David Michicich, thinks so.
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/11/17/robomodo-hints-at-new-software-for-ride-per/   

Obviously snowboarding and surfing games make sense, but I was hoping you guys would have some more creative ideas. Personally I think they should make a new Army Men game where you strap the board to your feet and use it for walking controls. It has potential for the least fun video game control ever.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Andorski

An obvious game idea would be a hoverboard game where you run away from the town bullies.  Watch out for water though, as hoverboards need power.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By louiedog
    @Andorski: Yeah, but we'd have to wait for Natal. You wouldn't want to use the buttons on the side or another controller. If you had to use your hands it'd be like a baby's toy.
    septim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By septim

Considering they aren't even trying to promote Ride I highly doubt they are gonna develop any more games for the board. Even amazingly popular peripherals don't see much support as they don't want to limit the user base, so this guaranteed flop is unlikely to see much use.

Rubberduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rubberduck

Maybe it could be used as a balance board for fitness game of some kind, now where did i get that idea :x  

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187

Shit, I'm going to play Guitar Hero with it.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Dalai

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.