Tony Hawk: RIDE is leading in trade-ins!

#1 Edited by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

So I found this pretty sweet deal on Amazon a little bit ago. Trade  in your Tony Hawk: RIDE bundle for Wii and get a whopping $6.75 USD! 

This puts Tony Hawk:RIDE at the same levels of trade in value as some games that were released early 2009, but those games didn't include a piece of $60 USD plastic in the package.  

Do you think Tony Hawk:RIDE really is a "Top Video Game Trade-in" on Amazon.com? Or do you think that Amazon is just trying to pay six bucks for those plastic skateboards? Obviously the game isn't the best, but if you paid $120 bucks for it would you part with it for under seven bucks back? Just bringing this up for the humor of it all.  

EDIT: It wouldn't let me enter the field for the topic to be placed in. Sorry, it wound up in general I guess.

#2 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I noticed this too and was pretty amused by it. What a rip-off.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7728 posts) -

I would lay down $7 dollars for that plastic skateboard and game.

#4 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: Yeah, at this point, if I were stuck with a plastic skateboard, I would be hoping that something good would come out for it and I could save some money later. I'd rather have it collect dust that use it to buy a meal at Arby's.
#5 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@nukesniper: Yeah, and plus it's probably a pretty neat thing to have. I'd hang onto that bad boy. Heck, man, if they start selling Tony Hawk's Ride for $20 with the board, I'd totally buy it, just for the novelty of it.
#6 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero: I agree. Hell, I bought a Band Hero bundle on clearance just so I would have "way too many plastic instruments." And after the fact I can confidently say that Band Hero sucks, but for $50 I felt like I needed it. 

I'd pay $20 to try Tony Hawk: RIDE, and then get mad at it and force my friends to try it when they come over. Sold.
#7 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -
@nukesniper said:
" @TheGreatGuero: I agree. Hell, I bought a Band Hero bundle on clearance just so I would have "way too many plastic instruments." And after the fact I can confidently say that Band Hero sucks, but for $50 I felt like I needed it.  I'd pay $20 to try Tony Hawk: RIDE, and then get mad at it and force my friends to try it when they come over. Sold. "
If you'd pay $50 for Band Hero and $20 for Tony Hawk:  RIde, I'm curious how much you'd pay for Rock Revolution.
#8 Posted by Captain_Insano (1563 posts) -

lol

I just read an Australian Sports Magazine (Last month's Alpha) that gave Tony Hawk:Ride 4/5 stars. 

Paid for the review much?

#9 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -
@Hailinel said:
" @nukesniper said:
" @TheGreatGuero: I agree. Hell, I bought a Band Hero bundle on clearance just so I would have "way too many plastic instruments." And after the fact I can confidently say that Band Hero sucks, but for $50 I felt like I needed it.  I'd pay $20 to try Tony Hawk: RIDE, and then get mad at it and force my friends to try it when they come over. Sold. "
If you'd pay $50 for Band Hero and $20 for Tony Hawk:  RIde, I'm curious how much you'd pay for Rock Revolution. "
I turned down the chance to get Rock Revolution for $4.99 recently at Gamestop. So, I'm not sure yet. Once I snap on that one I'll get back to you.
#10 Posted by LiquidPrince (16155 posts) -

6.75 is a good deal for that broken game. Although... maybe not if you paid $120.

#11 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

Karma is a bitch.  Fuck Activision.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.