Getting back in the game!

#1 Posted by JacobBrodersen (321 posts) -

I'm having a real urge to go back and play some Tony Hawk... but since i stopped playing after the 4th game, i have no real idea which game to get? I'm looking at project 8 and Proving grounds, but they look pretty much the same to me.

Any tips on which to get?

#2 Posted by pause422 (6188 posts) -

neither because they're terrible. Go back to Tony Hawk when it was decent...go play TH Pro Skater 3, the best one in the series. After that, its just played out as hell. Reason why Skate embarassed the last Tony hawk game easily.

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

Serious question: Have you tried the Skate series? I can't honestly recommend any new TH game when you can play Skate 2 instead, but if you only want to play TH...I'd recommend Project 8 over Proving Grounds.

#4 Edited by JacobBrodersen (321 posts) -

Yeah, i played the hell out of Skate 1, but it's vastly different from the TH series, and even tho i'm gonna get Skate 2, thats not really what i'd like to play. I could really go for some stupid over the top skating.

[Edit] As far as i can tell... Project 8 is the better option. i don't like the Rigger idea in PG at all...  And it should be stupid cheap by now :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.