POLL: Favorite Tony Hawk game

• 63 results
#1 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

#2 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

My personal favorite was American Wasteland. I felt it had the perfect amount of goofy ridiculousness and a pretty damn solid soundtrack.

#3 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Damn, there's been that many. I quit playing after 2.

#4 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5007 posts) -

Tony Hawk (Pro Skater) 3

#5 Posted by Yummylee (21643 posts) -

Tied between 2 & 3.

#6 Posted by MetalThrashingMatt (210 posts) -

Underground 2. One day, when I was really sick I remember beating that game like 5 times

#7 Posted by benspyda (2034 posts) -

The only one I really played much of was Pro Skater 2, so I guess that by default?

#8 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

under-under-underground

#9 Posted by csx009 (48 posts) -

reverts

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14830 posts) -

THPS 2 I remember selling the majority of my N64 collection to gamestop to afford that game back when that came out since I had no job.

#11 Posted by JasonR86 (9707 posts) -

...mother fuckers.

#12 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

3 for sure.

#13 Posted by JonathanAshleyMoore (283 posts) -

#14 Posted by GreggD (4505 posts) -

Normally I'd say 3, but Project 8 was just so good. Gotta go with that.

#15 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

2 is the only one I really played, and even that wasn't much.

#16 Posted by matthias2437 (985 posts) -

Pro Skater 3. Might as well have been the last Tony Hawk game made.

#17 Posted by SirPsychoSexy (1329 posts) -

2 and 3 for sure, but I do remember liking underground a lot. Had some sort of story of betrayal or something if I remember correctly.

#18 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

THE ACE OF SPADEZUH!

#19 Posted by Stonyman65 (2707 posts) -

THPS one and two. Wasn't really into anything else.

#20 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

2 no question. I spent so many hours in the school stage. Just trying to do the perfect grinds down those stairs at the start of that level and ollying the magic bums.

#21 Edited by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

I think the american culture has moved past skateboarding, and it's sad really. Means we will probably wait a while until the next good skateboarding game, because right now kids aren't really interested like they were in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. On that note, what is the big sport nowadays? Football maybe.

#22 Posted by Redbullet685 (6044 posts) -

Underground. Played that one the most as a kid.

#23 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

underground 2, pretty great game. that was the last great tony hawk game i think.

#24 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

I seem to remember really enjoying 2. That said, I haven't played one in quite some time.

#25 Posted by Suedehead (110 posts) -

Goldgfinger's "Superman" was in THPS1 so that.

#26 Posted by JarenFace (205 posts) -

I actually think it would have to be Underground. I never owned proper versions of THPS3 and 4 (I did have the GBA versions though), but THPS1 practically lived in my N64 and I bought a PS1 to play 2 right when it came out. I rented THUG2 twice I think, while American Wasteland was... decent. I also rented Project 8 once.

Underground however I remember just sinking countless hours into just free skating around. The story mode was actually pretty neat and had some really great moments. Just thinking about the drops / helicopter gap in Hawaii brings a dumb smile to my face.

#27 Posted by JazGalaxy (1576 posts) -

I liket he purity of the earlier games. That series suffered from horrendous feature creep. The pure concept was fun even 10 years after the debut, but they tacked on so much BS "now you can wall plant the moon!" garbage that it bore little resemblance to skateboarding and it's basic gameplay model wasn't any fun to play.

#28 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

Tony Hawk 2.

The third one is where it started to go off the rails for me.

#29 Posted by Ben_H (3360 posts) -

Obligatory: 

I can't choose. I love every TH game up to and including THPS4 equally. 3 was amazing. The original was a magical experience to play when it first came out.  2 was good, though I didn't play it as much. 4 had such amazing levels (especially Kona). I have the most fond memories with 4 though, because I played it every day after school for like a year with my buddy and with my cousins every time I visited them. Also, I recently replayed it and it totally stands up.
#30 Edited by CornBREDX (5285 posts) -

I still own all of them up to Underground 2. I really liked underground. Mainly though I liked whenever they removed the timer. I don't remember if that was 4 or Underground so I just picked underground. I don't want to check.

Someone will smack me for not knowing I'm sure =P

#31 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Either 2, 3, or Underground 2 for me

#32 Posted by Ben_H (3360 posts) -
@CornBREDX said:

I still own all of them up to Underground 2. I really liked underground. Mainly though I liked whenever they removed the timer. I don't remember if that was 4 or Underground so I just picked underground. I don't want to check.

Someone will smack me for not knowing I'm sure =P

It was 4. Underground introduced a storyline, but 4 introduced the open world aspect.
#33 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

#34 Edited by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

There wasn't an "other" so I picked Ride.

#35 Posted by Barrock (3533 posts) -

THUG. Love it so damn much.

#36 Posted by Fattony12000 (7412 posts) -

Thuss Puss Two

#37 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -

I played a lot of THUG online in middle school. It was my go to game for a good while. Plus I liked how crazy the combos got with the introduction of the caveman (getting off your board mid-combo).

#38 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

THPS 2 by a mile. I spent an ungodly amount of time playing that game.

#39 Posted by VierasTalo (779 posts) -

Oh what the hell. I accidentally clicked 4 instead of 3. So yeah, 3 is definately my favourite. Spent hundreds of hours in that one.

#40 Posted by RedCream (705 posts) -

THUG 2. Never thought choosing just one Tony Hawk game in a poll would be a very hard decision to make.

#41 Posted by JTB123 (1046 posts) -

Underground, I just love the levels in it so much.

#42 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

Proskater 1 // i would play the same lvl just to listen to the music .

#43 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1545 posts) -

Three, but I also liked Thug 2, because it had maps from three and sticker slap broke them.

#44 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

Two, three, and four. Pretty sure I still own 2 up until project eight. Stopped playing them when the PS3 came along cause Skate.

#45 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
#46 Posted by Village_Guy (2577 posts) -

3 or 2... I guess I'll go with 2 since I played that more.

I almost wanted to pick Shred just 'cause...

#47 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -

@BestUsernameEver said:

I think the american culture has moved past skateboarding, and it's sad really. Means we will probably wait a while until the next good skateboarding game, because right now kids aren't really interested like they were in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s. On that note, what is the big sport nowadays? Football maybe.

Skateboarding is bigger than it's ever been.

#48 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

Tony Hawk 2, but mainly because that's the one I spent the most time with. By the time 3 rolled around, I was already pretty burnt out on the series and just didn't care much. I did sort of get back into it with THUG though, before the sequel completely killed the franchise.

#49 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Probably 4 or THUG. At least those are the two I played the most of.

#50 Posted by Danteveli (1186 posts) -

THPS2 because it was huge step forward from the first one and it was the height of the series

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.