Tony Hawk 2 iPhone Is Real, Unofficial

Posted by Jeff (3626 posts) -
Oh, hey, right. THPS2 had Spider-Man in it!
Slide To Play has a follow-up story on that footage of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 running on an iPhone that surfaced earlier this week. LTI Gray Matter, the developer, has confirmed that it's real. But there's a catch.

The catch is that they aren't necessarily doing this work for Activision. The developer, which has done work for Activision in the past, sort of did it on their own and has shopped it to Activision as a nearly complete, QA-ready product. So unless Activision decides that it wants a re-release of Tony Hawk 2 on the iPhone, it's probably not going anywhere. Considering the Tony Hawk franchise is returning later this year, this might be a great release to help people remember what was great about the series. Or, you know, depending on the quality of the upcoming game, it might serve as a sorrowful reminder that this series was, at one point, one of the greatest franchises in all of gaming.
#1 Posted by Jeff (3626 posts) -
Oh, hey, right. THPS2 had Spider-Man in it!
Slide To Play has a follow-up story on that footage of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 running on an iPhone that surfaced earlier this week. LTI Gray Matter, the developer, has confirmed that it's real. But there's a catch.

The catch is that they aren't necessarily doing this work for Activision. The developer, which has done work for Activision in the past, sort of did it on their own and has shopped it to Activision as a nearly complete, QA-ready product. So unless Activision decides that it wants a re-release of Tony Hawk 2 on the iPhone, it's probably not going anywhere. Considering the Tony Hawk franchise is returning later this year, this might be a great release to help people remember what was great about the series. Or, you know, depending on the quality of the upcoming game, it might serve as a sorrowful reminder that this series was, at one point, one of the greatest franchises in all of gaming.
#2 Edited by theMcNasty (740 posts) -

Der-Der Duhr.

I tilt phone.
FOUR BUTTONS!
Skater jumps.

I think I'll go grab a controller instead.

#3 Posted by Pazy (2592 posts) -

I wont buy this until its completely tilt based and im allowed to flip my phone under my feet like a skateboard!

#4 Posted by Death_Burnout (3797 posts) -

Ohhh the Hanger level...

#5 Posted by MatthewMeadows (588 posts) -

Used to love the School level

#6 Posted by Kou_Leifoh (1891 posts) -

I think it's a wise move to bring Tony Hawk 2 to IPhone, but what about Tony Hawk 3?

#7 Posted by agentboolen (1808 posts) -

I'm sure it will be brought out.  My only guess for them to say no is that they wouldn't want any type of reminder of the old type of game while they are trying to re-create a fresh THPS experience...  Which I doubt they would do.

#8 Posted by End_Boss (3220 posts) -

Ah, Hangar... We miss you so.

#9 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

My favorite level was that one with in the skatepark and if you grind...ed? on a certain rail. This hellish cave would sink in and you could skate in it.
I can't remember the name, but it was awesome.

#10 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

@Kou_Leifoh 

Agreed
#11 Posted by Lemmingzx (78 posts) -

Hope it still has the bitching sound track, pretty much what made THPS2 so good

#12 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3373 posts) -

Tony Hawk 2 for the GBA.

#13 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Hmmm....I am going to pass on this one.

#14 Posted by joey (984 posts) -
Dan_CiTi said:
"Tony Hawk 2 for the GBA."
I had it for the GBC. It was awesome.
#15 Posted by MeatSim (10892 posts) -

I really don't wanna play this on the iPhone.

#16 Posted by MeatSim (10892 posts) -

Vin Diesel staring as Vin Diesel?

#17 Posted by Media_Master (3283 posts) -

this game needs a controller

#18 Posted by Kayrack (299 posts) -

it seems like an interesting idea. thats about all i can say :S

#19 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Bad controls are bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.