Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Jul 18, 2012

Return to skateboarding game roots in this high-definition remake of the earliest games from the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater series.

Created a version of the Trailer with some of the original music

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By clstirens

So I definitely do not want to create video spam on Giantbomb, but I do want to share an edited trailer I made for Tony Hawk HD.

Basically, I'm definitely of the opinion that, while we cannot expect them to put the original music into the game, we can most certainly hope that they do! Also, when they originally released this trailer, it seemed very hollow without any sort of soundtrack, an eerie lack of music for a series known for amazing tunes.

So I decided to make a "necessary" edit to the video with this:

Also, I chose "superman" as it happens to be what I perceived as the fan favorite from the first game. Anyone feel I could have chosen a better track from the first two games?

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By clstirens

Also, here is the original trailer without music, for reference:

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By cornbredx

I agree with the song choice. Brings back so many memories =)

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clstirens

@CornBREDX: Call it Blasphemy, but I actually have no memories of This song, or any of the THPS 1 levels :X

I started the franchise at number 2, and have awesome memories of 2, 3, and 4. Granted, I really like this song, but I did choose it as both a "the fans seem really fond of this one" and also because it sort of stands for a metaphor for the aging fans and Tony Hawk himself "Growing older all the time, growing younger in my mind."

Cheesy or not, it's certainly no happy accident the way the lyrics showed up in this version. :)

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By cornbredx
    @clstirens: ya, it's cool.  
    For me, I played the first one on the dreamcast.  
    I played all of them up to THUG2 after that.  
    In the first you only had so much time (like 2 and 3 as well) so you basically had like one songs worth of time to get a high score basically (I think it was, I cant remember how much time there was originally- probably completely wrong on this part).  I remember spending hours trying to master manuals and grinds specifically because they were my favorite parts of skate boarding.  After that it became about finding all the secret areas and stuff you open/break.  
    That level they show in the trailer was the first level and was also in the demo as I recall.  
    But ya, I remember hearing that song SO many times when I played it haha
    CaptainTryHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CaptainTryHard

good work, loved that song

clstirens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By clstirens

@CornBREDX said:

@clstirens: ya, it's cool. For me, I played the first one on the dreamcast. I played all of them up to THUG2 after that. In the first you only had so much time (like 2 and 3 as well) so you basically had like one songs worth of time to get a high score basically (I think it was, I cant remember how much time there was originally- probably completely wrong on this part). I remember spending hours trying to master manuals and grinds specifically because they were my favorite parts of skate boarding. After that it became about finding all the secret areas and stuff you open/break. That level they show in the trailer was the first level and was also in the demo as I recall. But ya, I remember hearing that song SO many times when I played it haha

Oh yeah, tracks were basically limited to one song because you were only ever given 2:00 to obtain a score and complete objectives (though I do recall it was upped to 3:00 for some game?). I would usually grind/manual/revert as much as I could to keep a combo going through the whole song, instead of just a clip (I am fairly sure the song would play through on the ps1 version... the n64 version had limited audio room, and therefor shortened versions).

@CaptainTryHard: Thanks! I tried to make sure the audio fit in to the video, and not just an overlay of the music (like, starting both the video and the audio at 0 seconds, destroying any sort of production quality)

librarycynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By librarycynic

Revert didn't exist in THPS1. Wasn't added until THPS3.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By ShaggE

That worked shockingly well, far more than a simple song overlay should have. Great job!

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By JarenFace

Watching your edit brought forth a slew of different memories, all relating to this franchise, and of course the hours I pumped into the first game.

...mixed within those memories was the thought: wait a minute, Tony Hawk never had the Darkslide in THPS1!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.