PC Version (Steam) Confirmed

#1 Posted by Vextroid (1405 posts) -
#2 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -

Fantastic!

#3 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

As long as it has online play I'll buy it.

#4 Posted by CaptainTightPants (2834 posts) -

Now I just hope that the PC version will have a robust level editor.

#5 Posted by dcgc (878 posts) -

When does this come out on PC? I've tried searching for it on Steam but can't seem to find it.

#6 Posted by Portis (1287 posts) -

@dcgc said:

When does this come out on PC? I've tried searching for it on Steam but can't seem to find it.

August. Right along side the PSN version.

#7 Edited by JoeyRavn (4974 posts) -

I was about to buy it on XBLA... but now I rather wait :P

#8 Posted by Robo (802 posts) -

Hmm, didn't know a PS3 and PC release would be coming so soon. Now I kind of regret the 360 purchase. I'd much rather use a PS3 controller and would be very interested in editor/modification possibilities for PC.

#9 Edited by DjCmeP (1148 posts) -

I was going to buy this on the PS3 but the PC version seems to be a bit cheaper(I don't have to buy a 20 euro PSN card).

Has anyone tried the PC version?

#10 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Will the PC version just be a straight port of the 360 version?

I NEED THE INFOS!

#11 Edited by albe (6 posts) -

If the steam forums are anything to go by it looks like a poor port (I haven't tried it myself)

I was hoping for at least a half decent version considering the game runs on unreal engine, how could they miss out something so simple as resolution control?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/207210/discussions/

#12 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

The PC version is horrible. No multiplayer, no options to change keymapping and resolution and weird bugs when you bail. It's cheap, but I still feel ripped off.

#13 Posted by iAmJohn (6120 posts) -

@TheJohn said:

The PC version is horrible.

So it's on par with the XBLA/PSN version then. Good to know.

#14 Posted by ds8k (412 posts) -

@TheJohn said:

The PC version is horrible. No multiplayer, no options to change keymapping and resolution and weird bugs when you bail. It's cheap, but I still feel ripped off.

I honestly can't fathom why online play was removed. I was about to add the game to my cart until I saw it lacked multiplayer.

#15 Posted by TheJohn (553 posts) -

@ds8k: The game's pretty pointless without leaderboards or multiplayer. My expectations were pretty low to begin with, but it turned out to be even worse than I imagined.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (14842 posts) -

Tony Hawk Clean booty mod you know you want it.

#17 Edited by dcgc (878 posts) -

@TheJohn said:

You can change some graphic options in some .ini files. I don't know about controls for keyboard, I plugged my PS2 controller and emulated it as a X360 controller and it works fine. But the game overall, at least for me (I've played THPS2 on PS1 for many hours) just feels incomplete and a disservice for the fans. Not only the port is bad but the game itself is not really great. Levels aren't complete (missing some areas) and there is few of them (only 7; some of the THPS3 are coming as DLC: WHAT?), the physics are not very good (sometimes my skater falls for no reason, other times he makes a big jump from nowhere; it feels off), there are no modes that were in other games, including local MP modes; there's no replay feature, there is no online MP from what I've seen, I can't increase the skater's speed (from what I've tried), the controls on screen are still keyboard even when I'm using a controller, some menu options I can only get there by keyboard, etc. I will just stick with THPS2 on PC (yes, there is a version for PC). I think American Wasteland is also on PC and there is people still playing it online (and it had a good online MP at least for PS2).

EDIT: I forgot to say that sometimes the controls just feel unresponsive, I press the button to grind and the skater won't, for example.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.