Tony Hawk Announces Something That Basically Resembles That Tony Hawk HD Collection You Wanted

• 132 results
#101 Posted by PurplePartyRobot (176 posts) -

So.... will I be able to use my Tony Hawk Ride skateboard peripheral for this?

#102 Posted by dropabombonit (1484 posts) -

Better have choice cuts from the soundtrack, if not then no sale for me

#103 Posted by RenegadeSaint (1526 posts) -

I bet the exclusion of THPS3 means it will get it's own standalone HD remake.

#104 Posted by Demoskinos (14574 posts) -
@RhombusOfTerror: Licencing many of those songs could end up being a pain.  Its not just as simple as throwing them on the disc.
#105 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

@RenegadeSaint said:

DLC for this game. Hide and watch.

#106 Posted by bucky (116 posts) -

Whether or not I get this entirely hinges upon the amount of "Superman" by Goldfinger in it.

#107 Edited by SlackerMonkey (97 posts) -

Didn't TH 2 and 3 have a selection of levels from 1 anyway? Seems like it would have been a better idea to just HDify 2 and 3.

#108 Posted by Korosuzo (170 posts) -

@bucky said:

Whether or not I get this entirely hinges upon the amount of "Superman" by Goldfinger in it.

Haha, agreed.

#109 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

No plastic board, no sale.

#110 Posted by jford (57 posts) -

This is good, but not great. I'll absolutely get it though, especially if it sells for $10. I think higher than that is a tough sell.

#111 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6386 posts) -

I still have fond memories of the first Pro Skater, so this could be pretty cool. I still don't know why they chose only a "selection" of levels, and didn't just port them both separately, fully and then release them together God of War style.

#112 Posted by Krataur (344 posts) -

I missed Alex article headlines.

THPS1 and 2 were by far my favorites of the series (especially 2. I spent a LOT of time with 2), so this could be cool. It could easily be fucked up, though, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

#113 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

@BionicRadd said:

@RenegadeSaint said:

That's really more an EA thing, withholding content for later...

#114 Posted by HatKing (5832 posts) -

Old levels is one good thing as long as it isn't accompanied by their newer game design, 'cool' stories or bullshit gimmicks.

#115 Posted by Goblin (173 posts) -

Porting the games in their entirety would probably be a licensing nightmare, so this seems like a good compromise. It all depends on what gameplay system they decide to use though.

I played THPS2 pretty much every day for, like, two years... at least. I fear that I won't be able to fully enjoy this game unless it manages to tickle the nostalgia gland when it comes to gameplay, art style, sound effects, animation, characters, boards... everything, really.

Oh, and it would be sweet if it had keyboard support. C-V-B-Space for life!

#116 Posted by BionicRadd (617 posts) -

@sofacitysweetheart said:

@BionicRadd said:

@RenegadeSaint said:

That's really more an EA thing, withholding content for later...

three words - Call of Duty. Everyone is all about DLC, these days. Also, if they are actually rebuilding these for new consoles, I won't mind piecing the game together over time with DLC. I would pay $60 for a complete collection of 1, 2 and 3 rebuilt for HD consoles but maintaining the mechanics of 3. As it stands, Im hoping for this to come out for 15 with 5 dollar park packs of 3 or 4 maps each.

more than anything, I hope I don't have to 100% the game on 15 characters to unlock everything like you did in 2. I barely got one character to 100%. Never wanted to do it on all of them.

#117 Posted by bobafettjm (1407 posts) -

If it is Tony Hawk 1 and 2 with the revert and manual included I will be in.

#118 Posted by oasisbeyond (213 posts) -

Prodictable, I knew this would happen, but where's 3? aww.... later on for more easy money right?

Just make a TH HD online... That's all people want, not the new crap.

#119 Posted by SUPERGHOST (57 posts) -

In my opinion, THPS 1 & 2 are the only ones that really mattered to me in the series so this announcement is great news!

And I second the motion to include the original soundtracks! It is good to have some excitment around this series again.

#120 Edited by kalmis (1558 posts) -

Why not, if they come up with reasonable price point.

edit. supposed to be under $20. Sold

#121 Posted by flufflogic (289 posts) -

They said "digital platforms". That suggests 1200MSP on XBLA to me. SOLD!

#122 Posted by aurahack (2264 posts) -

As the self-appointed Tony Hawk-ambassador on Giant Bomb (You should perhaps check out the wiki pages I did for the first two games!), I am indescribably excited for this. Especially if it's planned for under $20.

#123 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

why not just do 1 through 4? WHY NOT?! ;_______;

#124 Posted by TheYear20XX (425 posts) -

@stalefishies said:

I hope it has the original soundtracks. It'll never happen, but a man can dream.

This is why they invented custom soundtracks.

#125 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
#126 Edited by Kosayn (452 posts) -

So this and the new Alan Wake are both looking to be downloadable games. This is a good trend. Even when a franchise has some setbacks, they can still contribute by making the downloadable markets a bit more appealing.

I think it's a lot better for everyone than doing a $40 disc. The Future, gentlemen.

#127 Posted by CorporalGregg (42 posts) -

Hey, why not, here's my speed run of THPS2. Maybe someone will enjoy it.

#128 Posted by Larzra (8 posts) -

I'll definitely play this despite of the lack of THPS3, but I'm not sure about the combined 'HD' bit of the logo. To me it just looks like a chrome spade.

#129 Posted by ExplodingTuba (90 posts) -

@billyhoush: It's Activision... So consider your sources....

#130 Edited by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Eh... I suppose. The way things started going differently in THPS3 probably let it get away with having its own download at $15 after this. I wouldn't say the first two were worth even $10 apiece just uprezzing to 720p, but together may be worth $15.

#131 Posted by Thor_Molecules (732 posts) -

LIGHTS OUT

GUERRILLA RADIO

#132 Posted by Linkster7 (1012 posts) -

Damn no 3? Oh well guess it will be coming along soon.

#133 Posted by Smedles (174 posts) -

First look at gameplay footage:

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.