could this possibly be worth anything?

#1 Edited by Eli (347 posts) -
#2 Posted by fisk0 (4127 posts) -

Probably depends on how many copies are left in a couple of decades, i think it sold quite well, so there are plenty of copies out there right now, and I doubt Silicon Knights have to recall copies from stores, I'm guessing "unsold copies" means games that were never even sold to a retailer. The news that they have to destroy their copies of the game also has resulted in many people hoarding copies. My guess is that Too Human will be easier to find in 20 years than any of the end cycle Wii or PS2 games, that probably saw/will see limited distribution and sales. If it's really cheap, I still think it could be worth going for it. It may (however unlikely) prove valuable some day, but more than anything, it's a pretty interesting piece of weird video game history, probably kinda in the same way as E.T. for the Atari 2600, which isn't rare either, despite them burying all those unsold copies in a landfill - they still sold enough for there to be plenty around.

#3 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

Nope.

#4 Posted by kermoosh (911 posts) -

well i doubt it'll go up in the long term, but you could get a $25 voucher in connecticut for their book video game burning they are doing

#5 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

In the post apocalyptic future, copies of Too Human will be used as currency.

#6 Edited by Akyho (1654 posts) -

I bought Too Human for about £20 the same year it was released. I traded it in after 120hrs of play (I DO NOT ADVISE PLAYING IT!) and I got £5 back.

I got the itch to play it again. This was 2 years after release and the same *SEALED* copy had been sitting on the bottom shelf at my local GAME store this entire time. It was £5 I bought it and played for maybe 3 hours with friends. Traded it in eventually and got £6....£1 PROFIT MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

So Id say come the time to sell that copy you could get £2 or $4.5 PROFIT!!! YEAH MAN!!!

I think the fact that it was so wildly known and had every person going "Maybe this will be worth something someday!" I doubt it.

Also I snatched a used copy of P.0.3 for the gamecube from a friends hand thinking it was worth somthing...worth less than what I *could* have paid for it at £3, also it was a bad game aprently, Never bought it

Now my copy of Suikoden 2 for the ps1! Thats worth £80 to £120 if as friend had not stolen it/destroyed it. I loaned it back when it was newer and he said his bro broke it....I never knew if it was true.

#7 Posted by Superfriend (1556 posts) -

Hey Uwe, Eli... guy

hold onto the treasure you just bought. Don´t ever open it or dare to remove the shrinkwrap!! This is important, now: It will slowly increase in value, but even if this game wasn´t a huge success, there are still too many copies out there.

You have to find and erase all those other collectors. ESPECIALLY this fool. He has, like 2 copies of that game. Believe me, I´m on the same path. Sometime in the future, this copy of Mischief Makers for the N64 I got for christmas one year will be worth MILLIONS. Millions, I say!

#8 Posted by doobie (605 posts) -

i hear that current market value is anywhere between $5 - $7

and i have it on good authority that over the next 25 years could be worth as much as $10 or maybe even $11

#9 Posted by billyhoush (1192 posts) -

I bought it off ebay 3 years ago sealed and shipped $6. I still haven't opened it cause my xbox died.

#10 Posted by psylah (2177 posts) -

@xobballox said:

#11 Posted by notdavid (839 posts) -

I'm drowning in sealed copies of X Men Destiny at the store I work at. I should try and scoop up as many as I can.

#12 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Nope.

The game could have been really good had for some really poor decisions from the devs.

#13 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

@mordukai said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Nope.

The game could have been really good had for some really poor decisions from the devs.

I totally agree, I was just saying nope to it being worth anything in the future, I really liked the game personally and have a copy myself.

#14 Posted by mordukai (7150 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

@mordukai said:

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

Nope.

I totally agree, I was just saying nope to it being worth anything in the future, I really liked the game personally and have a copy myself.

Are you, like me, think that the control scheme they picked was just too far off? Took me quite a while to get used to it.

#15 Posted by ToTheNines (723 posts) -

@xobballox said:

#16 Posted by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -
#17 Posted by Fattony12000 (7424 posts) -

FUCK YOU JEFF, US PEONS CAN HAVE MULTIPLE COPIES OF TOO HUMAN...TOO.

DO YOU HAVE A JAPANESE VERSION!? HUH? HUH!?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.