Death Penalty

#1 Posted by AnimeBeast (92 posts) -

Do you loose anything when you die?

#2 Posted by OmegaPirate (5522 posts) -

Virginity

#3 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -

45 seconds of your life.

#4 Posted by Rcwpong (21 posts) -

Item durability and your combo meter.  Personally I really hate losing my combo meter, it's rough to go back into a room you died in without your ruiner available.

#5 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

Yeah item durability, and combo meter. I also thought that you lost a bit of EXP when you died too? Maybe I'm wrong.

#6 Posted by Rowr (5824 posts) -
Vaxadrin said:
"45 seconds of your life."
It sux watching that cut scene, although i guess its better than having to restart from a checkpoint?
#7 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -
Rowr said:
"Vaxadrin said:
It sux watching that cut scene, although i guess its better than having to restart from a checkpoint?"
You do go back to a checkpoint.
#8 Posted by voghan (43 posts) -

I hate the 45 seconds more than than losing my ruiner.  I always make sure once I'm close to dieing to set off a ruiner because you just might kill something and get some health.

#9 Posted by Vaxadrin (2297 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Rowr said:
"Vaxadrin said:
It sux watching that cut scene, although i guess its better than having to restart from a checkpoint?"
You do go back to a checkpoint."
Yeah, but the room stays in exactly the same state.  You just get moved, pretty much.
#10 Posted by kyman (13 posts) -

my patience is gone after having to watch the damn valkrye pick you up, really terrible idea making that unskippable

but there is nothing worse than dying with a large combo meter and losing it

#11 Edited by Discorsi (1390 posts) -

haha you guys suck if you have died seriously.  Just watch out for polarities take them out the rest is cake.

Nodeaths btw and I'm practically beaten it

#12 Posted by HawkSE (216 posts) -

It's 15 1/2 seconds. Get over it.

If you're counting 45 seconds, you died like 3 times in a row...

#13 Posted by nastybutler (54 posts) -

U lose a couple of seconds of life that could have been used killing things.

#14 Posted by Jedted (2411 posts) -

It is frustrating having to watch that dumb Valkarie cutscene EVERY SINGLE TIME you die but in a way it just encourages you to improve your stratagey so you die less.

On the up side, i just got the "Valkarie's Folly" acheievement last night during the Hel's gaurdian battle. :)

#15 Posted by ArchScabby (5809 posts) -

your armor and weapons gets damaged every time you die.  If you die too much you armor or weapon will start flashing red, and won't help you anymore

#16 Posted by pause422 (6240 posts) -

how can you die in this game..its so pathetically easy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.