if i liked mass effect, will i like this?

#1 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

topic^

#2 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

i think its shaping up to be a really good game... I'd say yes, but I havn't played Too Human :P

#3 Posted by Neopezz (125 posts) -

What parts of Mass Effect did you like? For example, the gameplay or the story.

#4 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

imo It's nothing like Mass Effect, at all. Maybe with the exception of upgrading armor and weapons.

#5 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

I loved Mass Effect and played it five times.
I hated the Too Human Demo.

#6 Posted by Neopezz (125 posts) -

I loved Mass Effect and the Too Human demo.
If possible play through the demo a few times and even if you don't like it at first try to stick to it till the end, the general consensus is that the demo doesn't stick at the first play through.

#7 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

I loved Mass Effect, but I really didn't like that Too Human demo. Maybe the full game will be better, but that combat system just..sucks balls. The story seems like it has some promise, and the leveling stuff looks pretty cool. I just really didn't like fighting dudes, and that is probably a lot of the game.

#8 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

It is nothing like Mass Effect in any way...it is not comparable. The only thing that is really similar is the presentation. The cutscenes in Too Human look like a rip-off of ME, but just of lesser quality. Also they both have rpg elements, but really they are completely different. Try the demo and see what you think...if you like it then you will probably like the full game.

#9 Posted by pause422 (6169 posts) -

I agree with kush.

#10 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

I've heard complaints about the demo.
one of the games I was looking forward to.

#11 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

I played the demo. It's nothing like Mass Effect. Completely different.

#12 Posted by chandlerr_360 (110 posts) -

Completely different RPG's.

Mass Effect was an excellent RPG, but had a ton of minor flaws...which, all in all, lead me to sell the game. It was the only game I have ever played that had so many little things wrong with it, they made me not want to play a second time.

Too Human on the other hand, I played the demo 8 times...lol, and that was only HALF of the first level of the game. Gimme a break, I will probably play through Too Human 5 times, no to mention Co-Op.

#13 Posted by Lombax (105 posts) -

you may, they are different styles of action RPG's but none the less they are both action RPG's. Too Human seems to be closer to a Diablo style of game. Go to Dungeon, kill everything, get loot go to next dungeon. 

I really liked Mass Effect [aside from the piss poor AI of enemies / party members] and I really liked the demo of Too human. I am looking forward to Too Human mainly because I miss multi-player Diablo, and playing into the wee hours of the night. 

#14 Edited by Red (5994 posts) -

^^^^^
I love Mass Effect. I played the demo of Too Human and I absolutely hated it.
Horrible idea for a game. "Let's have greek gods.....but, with ROBOTS!" Story is a piece of crap. Your character is just a generic pile of snot and the combat is OK. I'd wait for the reviews to roll for this game.
Mass Effect didn't really have any flaws that made me mad. My initial problem with the game were the driving sequences but those became really fun when I just used the drive right through tactic and rammed into towers and guards. Mass Effect was a fantastic game and it had a lot of fantastic things going for it.
It seems like Too Human will be a very mixed bag game.

#15 Posted by Pleasureizmine (2136 posts) -
Bennyishere said:
"I loved Mass Effect and played it five times.
I hated the Too Human Demo."
Mass effect is sex
#16 Posted by chandlerr_360 (110 posts) -
Red said:
"^^^^^
Horrible idea for a game. "Let's have greek gods.....but, with ROBOTS!" Story is a piece of crap. Your character is just a generic pile of snot and the combat is OK. I'd wait for the reviews to roll for this game.
Mass Effect didn't really have any flaws that made me mad. My initial problem with the game were the driving sequences but those became really fun when I just used the drive right through tactic and rammed into towers and guards. Mass Effect was a fantastic game and it had a lot of fantastic things going for it.
It seems like Too Human will be a very mixed bag game."
Greek gods with robots? Wow, you are an idiot...opinion disregarded and laughed at.
#17 Posted by MiasmaFett (129 posts) -

If you liked mass effect you will hate this game it feels dated the menu is clunky ad the combat is reidicolousley repetative its a real shame because i was looking forward to Too human.

#18 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -
Red said:
"^^^^^
It seems like Too Human will be a very mixed bag game."
You are 12 ain't ya.  The hints....

*Calling a character which has variable skill trees generic.  the fact that there are various skill trees means that its impossible for the character to be generic.
*Judging a story from a demo.  I played the demo, yet I don't know sufficient info about the overall arc to judge it
*Saying its Greek Gods, when the game comes from Norse Mythology.  note - check your facts before you slag.
*Using the word "snot" as an adjective.
*Using the word "fantastic" to describe Mass Effect twice in the same sentence.

As for the OP.  Mass Effect and Too Human are completely different type of games.  Impossible to compare their core mechanics.  One is an RPG, one is Loot Whore RPG.
#19 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -
MiasmaFett said:
"If you liked mass effect you will hate this game it feels dated the menu is clunky ad the combat is reidicolousley repetative its a real shame because i was looking forward to Too human."
Did you PLAY Mass Effect?
#20 Posted by Demodocus (236 posts) -

I just bought Too Human today.  In a way its like Mass Effect, maybe like a more stripped down version.  The leveling and armor and weapon pickups feel a lot like Mass Effect.  But Too Human Focuses a lot more on melee combat.  The story definitely is not told as well as Mass Effect either.  (BTW imo I believe Mass Effect's story telling is better than all other 360 games to date.)  Anyway, it is similar in some ways.  Download the demo and give it a shot.

#21 Posted by Jordan23 (1000 posts) -
I'm not so sure that you'll like Too Human. One thing for sure, Mass Effect is a much better game than Too Human.
#22 Posted by nastybutler (54 posts) -

yes more involved weapons and armor and hack n slash but yes u will like it. TH reminders me of Mass effect.

#23 Posted by Nik_NYG (558 posts) -

I still don't see why people liked Mass Effect.

#24 Posted by VACkillers (1059 posts) -

dont think you can compare mass effect to too human, Mass Effect is in a class all of its own... and will never be matched for a long time to come.  Only thing thats even remotely closs to mass effect in this game is that its a 3rd person RPG thats it....

You'd just have to play the demo of Too Human to find out if u like it or not

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.