Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

If you want to know more about Too Human

deliveryboy15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deliveryboy15

I would recommend going to Too Human's official fansite toohuman.net since this board this still barren.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MisterMollusk

Then we must bring life to these grounds! More posts! Also, this is just second day of launch so don't be expecting too much yet.

NotaStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By NotaStalker

too human = not so great

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

I've only played the Too Human demo, but that was really boring.  The combat was too simple.  I was able to go to my kitchen and get something drink while killing thirty guys.  The story, from what I've seen is pretty stupid and the graphics look like a really high quality xbox game.  The characters do that weird floating thing where they don't seem to be touching the ground.

Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Termite

I haven't played the demo, but I hear it's not so great

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MisterMollusk

Yes yes yes, it isn't going to be a top tier fantastic game (like Diablo III probably will be) but for what it sets out to do it accomplishes just fine. I've played the demo, and unlike some nay-sayers (those who say nay) I know that the combat isn't too simple (there be moves and strats yo) and that the small amount of enemies that you fight in the demo isn't representative of the amount and differing varieties of monsters that you'll fight in the actual game. Also, combat isn't even the primary focus of the game. While combat is admittedly important, it is the extensive amounts of collectible loot (which looks really awesome imo). Plus the premise of the game is pretty cool. Cybernetic vikings fighting off hordes of machines. What's not to like? Oh and I think the demo is accessible for silver accounts so I recommend giving it a shot! : )

Neopezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Neopezz

I agree with MisterMollusk and while you can beat the demo (which I believe is the first level) very easily and in a boring, way you can also beat it more easily in a not boring way.

Torrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Torrim

I actually really liked the demo.  Huh.

MutenMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MutenMiller

When I started getting into juggling and air combat I started to really get into the mechanics. Not the deepest in the world, but much more engaging in every other loot-based game of it's depth. I'm also a huge Norse mythology fan, so seeing some of the cool inspirations and adaptations made me giggle with nerdish glee.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush
    deliveryboy15 said:
    "I would recommend going to Too Human's official fansite toohuman.net since this board this still barren.
    "
    Instead of telling us to go somewhere else. Why not post on toohuman.net and tell THEM to come on over here. Anyways, my personal thoughts on the game are a bit mixed. After I got the hang of combat I found it to be really fun and the game did seem to have a lot of unique loot, but the loot is basically all disc lookin' things no matter what it actually may be. This makes collecting loot less rewarding to me and takes the enjoyment out of it. The game also has a bad camera, which is due to the fact that combat takes place on the right analog stick...but I will still give it a chance.

Here is link to a more in depth preview...
    Too Human Preview
    MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MisterMollusk

I see what you mean about the armor, but then again, you don't exactly get any access to the more epic jazz in the demo. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see what endgame characters look like.

Avatar image for something_clever
    Something_Clever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Something_Clever
    Kush said:
    "deliveryboy15 said:
    "I would recommend going to Too Human's official fansite toohuman.net since this board this still barren.
    "
    Instead of telling us to go somewhere else. Why not post on toohuman.net and tell THEM to come on over here. Anyways, my personal thoughts on the game are a bit mixed. After I got the hang of combat I found it to be really fun and the game did seem to have a lot of unique loot, but the loot is basically all disc lookin' things no matter what it actually may be. This makes collecting loot less rewarding to me and takes the enjoyment out of it. The game also has a bad camera, which is due to the fact that combat takes place on the right analog stick...but I will still give it a chance.

Here is link to a more in depth preview...
    Too Human Preview
    "
      The camera can actually be pretty good if you just let it do it's thing. It will usually swivel to the biggest threat which is very nice and useful. Did you try changing the camera style with the d-pad? I fully recommend iso.
    austinmiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By austinmiller

After playing the demo, i know that ill be buying it.  being a fan of literature and mythology, i feel the story will be something that will get you to keep playing.  the combat can get very repetitive but once you really get the combo system down, it can be quite fun.  we havent been able to play the multiplayer yet, which i feel will be also really fun;  launching enemies in the air only to let your friend finish them off will be extremely entertaining.  

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By mike

Too Human has loot?  I haven't paid any attention to this title since I saw a preview build ini mid-07-ish.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Zirilius

I recommend giving the demo a try. I found it extremely fun, but I do find myself drawn to this style of game, and it gave me an idea of what class I wanted to play. Use the various techniques to play as all the classes if you haven't already.

The easiest one is to sign out of your live account, set your  clock ahead to 2009 and start the demo. This unlocks the Berserker and Commando

To unlock the Defender and the Bio-Engineer you have to select the class, tap the A button really fast and press right if are on the defender and left if you are on the Bio-Engineer. There are youtube links if you have any trouble, I'm just to lazy to look for them right now.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By evilhomer

not to be mean but there is a slew of info regarding too human out there.  not sure how people who want to know more about too human haven't come across all the details already laid out across the web.

Rcwpong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rcwpong
    One of the coolest finds I saw over on the forums.  A poster from inside Silicon Knights.  Tell me that doesn't remind you of Shadow of the Colossus?

caption
    caption

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Mrnitropb

Frost Giants!!!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.