Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Too Human

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Aug 19, 2008

In this action-RPG from Silicon Knights, players take on the role of the Norse god Baldur, whose protective feelings towards humanity and refusal to augment his body with cybernetics lead the other Aesir to label him "too human".

I'm so glad I Gameflew Too Human

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By mike

I just put about three hours into this game, and I finished up the night by sealing Too Human back into it's Gamefly envelope, never to be played again.  Maybe I was spoiled by playing a ton of Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction over the last couple of weeks, but I just couldn't get into it. 

I think the core gameplay is interesting, but the numerous issues and quirks were just too much for me.  Unresponsive menus, a crappy camera, lack of enemy variety, 15-20 second unskippable death animations...the list goes on and on.  No offense to anyone who is in love with this game, but I just don't get it. 

Burden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Burden

Is gameflew a word?  I'm inclined to think not but I guess it makes sense.  Regardless, I had the same experience playing it at a friends.  Trash in the can.

Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Joker
    Burden said:
    "Is gameflew a word?  I'm inclined to think not but I guess it makes sense.  Regardless, I had the same experience playing it at a friends.  Trash in the can."
    My copy of Alone in the Dark gameflew out the window.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

lol joker. Yeah I agree MB...I never had any intention on even wasting a gamefly on it, but if someone was interested and outright bought it, unless they are die hard into loot whoring and thats all they need in a game to continue playing it...I would expect many would be disappointed on their purchase.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By mike

I actually am a pretty serious loot whore.  If the menu and inventory systems were intuitive and fast, that may have made the difference for me.  Working with the inventory in this game is a nightmare, and it's something that has to be done constantly.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brukaoru

Whew, I was wondering what you had decided to do. Good call. You would probably have gotten only half it's worth if you had bought it full price and then traded it in.
    Burden
    said:

"Is gameflew a word?  I'm inclined to think not but I guess it makes sense.  Regardless, I had the same experience playing it at a friends.  Trash in the can."
    Flew is the past tense of fly, so gameflew can totally be a word!
    vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

Oh noes! It's the "google is a verb"-thing all over again. NOOOOO!

Anyway, I wish we had a Gamefly-like service here in Denmark. Guess we're not cool enough.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8  Edited By kush
    MB said:
    "I actually am a pretty serious loot whore.  If the menu and inventory systems were intuitive and fast, that may have made the difference for me.  Working with the inventory in this game is a nightmare, and it's something that has to be done constantly."
    I have to agree with you initial post and this probably more than anything else. I find the combat to be fun, but it does makes the game have it's camera issues. Lack of variety in enemies is an extreme understatement, but the entire loot system is what killed the game for me. I am a massive loot whore...but Too Human not only has a horrible inventory system, even the action of collecting loot left me unfulfilled. Every single thing you pick up looks the same practically. I could be picking up "bounty" or a real nice weapon, but I can't be sure unless I look at the screen and read what I just got. I wish that if an enemy dropped a sword...that an actual sword would be laying on the ground etc...I hate all those holographic disc things.
    fig455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By fig455

I have been waiting for this game, in one form or another, for probably 7-8 years. Very sad to see the state it released in. This one should have stayed in development Hell, unfortunately. :(

Psynapse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Psynapse

I don't see why everyone is complaining about the death cinematic... In 90% of other games you get a loading screen whilst you get taken back to a checkpoint or whatever... The game i played before Too Human was Conan, if you died 2 seconds after you get bought back to a checkpoint you have a 30seconds to 1 minute loading screen.. I'd count that as annoying.

Play online games and you have to wait a few minutes when you die... Get over it I say. The game has alot of annoying flaws (i still love it), but the death screen is by far the least annoying if you can call it that.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pause422

Yet in plenty of games other than Too Human and Conan you just go to a blank screen and are back in the game in 2 seconds...so its worth complaining about.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By pyromaniac

I actually kinda forced myself to play the game..it gets "better" the second time around. I mean by then you start getting the epic armor sets and such but I completely understand what you meant MB. The game is broken...I hope they do some epic changes to too human 2

SolemnOaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolemnOaf

The game can have it's moments, but honestly i'm quite enjoying it.  Once you figure out its systems it definately smooths out the balancing issues with boss fights and such.  I remember playing through the second level (the most difficult by far) with my commando and dying at least 75 times, on co-op.  Last night I went through solo in co-op mode with the same character but at level 50 and absolutely destroyed everything and anything.  Too Human is kinda like life, death is just inevitable sometimes.  Well, i'm about to start my 4th character class and i'm not going to say the game is great...well....yes, yes I am actually.   

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By Chummy8

I just picked this game up this past weekend and I'm loving every minute of it.  I already have a lvl 40 defender and I'm already have some decent (orange) armor for when I hit lvl 50.  My main problem now is trying to decide which class to play next.

The best thing is that there is still a very active online community for this game.  I can always find people to play with.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Kohe321

Hehe I didn't like it much either. I can see why some people thought it was allright, it just didn't do anything for me.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Pibo47

There were alot of things i really really liked about too human. But then again...i hated alot of other things.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By End_Boss

Too Human was indeed really bad.

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Origina1Penguin
    Kush said:
    "Too Human not only has a horrible inventory system, even the action of collecting loot left me unfulfilled. Every single thing you pick up looks the same practically."
    That's what I hate most about the game.  The loot system sucks.  That's not good for a game that uses loot as a selling point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.