Too Human is pretty good!

#1 Posted by DriveupLife (919 posts) -

Picked up Too Human after seeing it in my local game store. I just finished the first "level" and am in Valhalla I think, the hub with the stores and the tree of life and whatnot. The game is good! The camera is woooooonky but the combat isn't so bad and the gearing up is really cool. Anyone else played it? What should I expect for the rest of the game?

#2 Edited by ZombieHunterOG (3530 posts) -

its a very tedious game 

and for the most part you have basically played the entire game already as it doesn't change much from start to finish

#3 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

I plan to pick it up some day I find it in a bargain bin for $10. Not going to go over $10 though.

#4 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

I enjoyed it for what it was....but I hope you REALLY liked the first level, because that is exactly what you are going to be doing fort the rest of the game.

#5 Posted by RavenX302 (265 posts) -

I remember the story ending absolutly out of no where...at less for me.

#6 Edited by JTMosh (260 posts) -

I thought it was actually a pretty fun little game. Really short, and you have to grind through the same levels over and over to get loot, but the combat is pretty fun. I got it for $10, though. Had I paid full price I probably wouldn't feel the same way.

#7 Posted by Mrnitropb (2090 posts) -

Oh man that game let me down. I mean cyborg vikings, how could DD mess that up?!

#8 Posted by gla55jAw (2697 posts) -
@crusader8463 said:
" I plan to pick it up some day I find it in a bargain bin for $10. Not going to go over $10 though. "
Same for me. Hopefully soon.
#9 Posted by CharlesAlanRatliff (5463 posts) -

I played it for a little while and just could not do it anymore. I hated it and thought it was far too repetitive.

#10 Posted by Hypertreb (101 posts) -

I really didn't play to far into it. It got boring really fast for me.

#11 Posted by buzz_clik (7026 posts) -
#12 Posted by HistoryInRust (6407 posts) -

It's really a grinder's game. I think the combat is fun, but it isn't varied enough to appeal to most gamers. And I'll be goddamned if I can get through that second act--the Ice Forest--and have a good time. Those elemental trolls are fucking stupid as all hell.  

If you've already devoted yourself to a class, then good for you. But don't go Berserker. There's a pretty dedicated community online, and if you're taking the game on Live the Berserker can do well for itself, but alone it gets pretty well smashed up by the various elemental and boosted enemies, especially when you hit higher levels. 

#13 Posted by Romination (2777 posts) -

The great thing about Too Human is that it's overwhelmingly decent. A game that you play and go "Wow. this is a 7. Or a 3 on Giant Bomb!" and yet you're ok with that.

#14 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

I somehow put 65 hours into it.

#15 Posted by JCGamer (671 posts) -

I really liked the game despite itself.  The first level is the best level in terms of story-telling and all that cool stuff about the way to tell a story is pretty much only in that level.  The other 3 are just variations of the same, but decent.  I think there is a bunch of potential game if they are ever allowed to make a second but I'm not holding my breath.

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (13257 posts) -

I really should play Too Human someday. 

#17 Posted by sopachuco13 (392 posts) -

The biggest problem with this game, and the reason I didn't finish it, is that damned Valkryie death scene that is unskippable.
#18 Posted by CptBedlam (4458 posts) -

More like boring and tedious. Also, the animations suck *ss.

#19 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11406 posts) -

I thought the game was pretty good. 

#20 Posted by HebrewSanta (49 posts) -

I just beat it a week ago.  Nope.  Not doing that again.  First level is amazing.  The second level just gets amazingly difficult/boring by the end.  The next two just make you wish the game was over already.  It was a nice try though.  I feel bad that it says it's the first part to a trilogy on the back of the box.  

#21 Posted by demonbear (1877 posts) -

I think this game really shows that expectations can really change people's opinions on a game. Most people who bought or played it at launch thought it was garbage, because of that 9 years dev thing. But now that its down to 20, 10 bucks, I see more and more people saying its a good game.

Fact is, it is a good game, especially if you're into norse mythology. The ending was so great, I sure hope they do give another shot at this franchise.

#22 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2502 posts) -

Picked this up over the weekend for $7 used at Gamestop.

Time to see what all the fuss is out. *cracks fingers*

#23 Posted by HotSauceMagik (264 posts) -

I payed full price for it the week it came out and didn't regret it. I mostly played with a buddy, so that may have made the shitty parts more enjoyable, but i had a great time with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.