Too Human: Lack of post-release support

#1 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

Hi guys, i'm just wondering if anyone is extremely annoyed at Silicon Knights lack of post-release support for this game.

I loved the idea of the game, i played through and finished it, and i was going to wait until alot of the issues were fixed... But there has been nothing apart from a random update which fixed 'some connectivity issues'. It seems like Silicon Knights has dropped off the face of the earth and hasn't come through with their promises. I stood by Dyack while he was blowing his horn off, but now i'm just pissed off.

Discuss? Or am i the only one which is pissed off at this...

#2 Posted by Unreal_dro (277 posts) -

there might be some stuff later, like early 09. the game sold pretty good, it was like #7 on the npds

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21775 posts) -

Um...the game wasn't good.  Doubt you'll see much from it anytime soon.

#4 Posted by idiotic_genius1 (416 posts) -

I thought the game was alright, but I don't think I would pay for DLC.

#5 Posted by Psynapse (1064 posts) -

I don't think i could stomach another run through... Like i only got to level 41, 2 player online just sucks and makes the grind to 50 suck... Oh well, i have my gears 2 for replayability now :D

#6 Posted by Origina1Penguin (3504 posts) -

I was kind of curious about the "Downloaded Content" section of the items/equipment shops (which is currently empty).  I don't know what Silicon Knights is up to now.  I'm not so sure we will see three games out of the series, unless they seriously improve the next installment.  The first game may have sold well, but projections for future investment in the game/franchise might not be optimistic.

#7 Posted by jakob187 (21775 posts) -
Origina1Penguin said:
"I was kind of curious about the "Downloaded Content" section of the items/equipment shops (which is currently empty).  I don't know what Silicon Knights is up to now.  I'm not so sure we will see three games out of the series, unless they seriously improve the next installment.  The first game may have sold well, but projections for future investment in the game/franchise might not be optimistic."
Well, if history repeats itself...
...then this is the end of Advent Ris....err....Too Human.
#8 Posted by TekZero (2692 posts) -

Yeah, I would very much like a DLC.  But that's not going to happen.  I guess I'll just have to focus on getting my characters their epic gear.  That and getting 1000 gamerscore.  Shouldn't be too hard.  Unstoppable in IF sounds like the hardest one to get.

And I'll be looking forward to Too Human 2.  I only wonder if we can take our created characters with gear into the sequel.

#9 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -

Well it took them 10 years to make the damn thing, so using that time scale it will probably take a year-ish to see any kind of update, and DLC would probably take 2-3 years :)

#10 Posted by Jedted (2423 posts) -

I like the game but i really don't like how long it's taking SK to come out with some DLC.  Atleast with Mass Effect we got some DLC 4 months after release(admitingly, only an one extra hour of gameplay but atleast it was SOMETHING).  SK better have something BIG planned if they still are working on DLC.

#11 Posted by Systech (4078 posts) -
Unreal_dro said:
"there might be some stuff later, like early 09. the game sold pretty good, it was like #7 on the npds"
I'm obviously not an employee of Silicon Knights, but I highly doubt that to be a probable situation.
#12 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

The only thing Too Human needed was another 10 years of development.

#13 Posted by Drebin_893 (2934 posts) -

Why bump?

#14 Posted by Alex_Murphy (1184 posts) -
Psynapse said:
"I don't think i could stomach another run through... Like i only got to level 41, 2 player online just sucks and makes the grind to 50 suck... "
Yea that's basically my opinion too. I was entertained at first, but with only 4 levels, after a while it felt like work playing through the same levels over and over and over.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.