Why is Too Human being advertised on the Dashboard?

#1 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

When I finished playing Mass Effect 3 this morning, I noticed there was an advertisement for Too Human on the main dashboard page. I did a double take, clicked on it, and sure enough it took me to the Too Human page. Is my Xbox slowly slipping back in time to 2008 and will I start seeing ads for Guitar Hero: Aerosmith and Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe?

Does anyone have any theories why this is happening?

#2 Posted by supermonkey122 (871 posts) -

Maybe it's on sale or something?

#3 Posted by DeF (4975 posts) -

FINISH THE FIGHT!

#4 Posted by Tackchevy (266 posts) -

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

#5 Edited by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@supermonkey122 said:

Maybe it's on sale or something?

I was wondering that too, but thought the icon's placement was a bit too prominent for the sale of a 5 year old game. I'd expect to see that on the games tab.

The price was $29.99 and I didn't see any verbiage stating that it was on sale... That added to my confusion. On the main dashboard tab the icon just said "Too Human" and featured a geth-looking robot. Nothing about a sale there or on it's page.

#6 Posted by makari (600 posts) -

The new dashboards innate terribleness is seeping out and manifesting in new and horrifying forms.

#7 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Getting people hyped for Too Human 2.

#8 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18954 posts) -

too human mother fucker 

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (10125 posts) -

Kevin Perrera, you too! Hilary Goldstein, you too! It's gonna be BLAP BLAP BLAP BLAP!

#10 Posted by Generiko (445 posts) -

2 Too Human incoming?

#11 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

Perhaps someone at Xbox was having a laugh.

That game is fun for what it is. I'd play Too Human 2.

#12 Posted by Zelyre (1275 posts) -

@Shuborno said:

Too Human 2.

I'd play a Too Human 2, too. But only if it was called:

2 Human.

#13 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@Tackchevy said:

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

Does anyone else see this or is my Xbox making suggestions based on what I'm playing?

#14 Posted by fox01313 (5089 posts) -

Think it might just be a special or more likely it's now available in that games on demand category to just download it over getting a boxed version.

#15 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@Tackchevy said:

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

Does anyone else see this or is my Xbox making suggestions based on what I'm playing?

Which box is it? I have MLB.tv on the box above the advertisement and nothing about Too Human in the center box.

#16 Posted by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Tackchevy said:

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

Does anyone else see this or is my Xbox making suggestions based on what I'm playing?

Which box is it? I have MLB.tv on the box above the advertisement and nothing about Too Human in the center box.

It's the main dashboard tab that you see when you turn on your system and the upper left corner is the box with whatever game you have in your Xbox. I saw the Too Human box in the lowest right corner box.

#17 Posted by WilltheMagicAsian (1547 posts) -

@bonorbitz said:

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Tackchevy said:

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

Does anyone else see this or is my Xbox making suggestions based on what I'm playing?

Which box is it? I have MLB.tv on the box above the advertisement and nothing about Too Human in the center box.

It's the main dashboard tab that you see when you turn on your system and the upper left corner is the box with whatever game you have in your Xbox. I saw the Too Human box in the lowest right corner box.

I guess it's just a cycled advertisement then, since that's that advertisement box.

#18 Edited by BonOrbitz (2249 posts) -

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@bonorbitz said:

@WilltheMagicAsian said:

@bonorbitz said:

@Tackchevy said:

Well, it knows you like Mass Effect. So you'll probably be even more in love with this other sci fi pseudo RPG! Right? Buy now!

Does anyone else see this or is my Xbox making suggestions based on what I'm playing?

Which box is it? I have MLB.tv on the box above the advertisement and nothing about Too Human in the center box.

It's the main dashboard tab that you see when you turn on your system and the upper left corner is the box with whatever game you have in your Xbox. I saw the Too Human box in the lowest right corner box.

I guess it's just a cycled advertisement then, since that's that advertisement box.

That's what I figured, but I'm still confused as to why Too Human is being advertised in 2012 at all when it's not on sale or Too Human 2 isn't coming anytime soon. It's not relevant to anything current.

#19 Posted by Shuborno (938 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

@Shuborno said:

Too Human 2.

I'd play a Too Human 2, too. But only if it was called:

2 Human.

YES. With small revision:

Two Human.

#20 Posted by rentfn (1288 posts) -

Because it's awesome!!!

#21 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

I've seen Crackdown demos advertised there, along with other older games.

Probably just trying to get people back into the older games I guess

#22 Posted by MooseyMcMan (11378 posts) -

Yes! Two Human is happening! Finally the PROOF is here!

If only it were so...

#23 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -
You should play Eternal Darkness instead.
#24 Posted by A_Dog (738 posts) -

You're actually dead and the world's degrading...You need to find a can of Ubik.

#25 Posted by Bumpton (455 posts) -

I've noticed that too! What I thought was even weirder though was the Shadowrun ad....

Online
#26 Posted by Kiro (288 posts) -

30$ for Too Human? that's a bargin if i were saw one!

It's unbelieveble how out of touch the marketplace is with reality. At least i didn't pay more then 150NOK ~20$ when i was too lazy to go to gamestop when I wanted to buy CoD4 a few months ago.

#27 Posted by ShaggE (6690 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

@Shuborno said:

Too Human 2.

I'd play a Too Human 2, too. But only if it was called:

2 Human.

Too Human 2: Human, Too: Human Edition.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.