Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Top Spin

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Oct 28, 2003

Top Spin is a realistic tennis simulator available for the Xbox, Playstation 2, and the PC.

Is $20 too much to spend on rubbish?

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Edited By Rayfield

Well, I just bought Top Spin for Ps2 for two reasons.

1 - I've always wanted a half decent tennis game since enjoying Mario Tennis on Game Boy for many years. When tennis is played well, it's exciting as hell.

2 - It was 20 bucks.

When I fired it up, I was kind of glad that the integral gameplay was solid, but disappointed to discover that everything else around it was pissweak bullshit. The charachter models looks awful, the crowd is only audible during Grand Slam finals where they do something other than be deathly silent and the umpire's voice sounds as BORED AS AN EMOTIONLESS ROBOT WHO HAS JUST DIED ON A TOILET.

That said, the gameplay is rather fun. 2 player is even better. So...have I wasted my money? I can't decide...

It doesn't actually look this good.

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Rayfield

Well, I just bought Top Spin for Ps2 for two reasons.

1 - I've always wanted a half decent tennis game since enjoying Mario Tennis on Game Boy for many years. When tennis is played well, it's exciting as hell.

2 - It was 20 bucks.

When I fired it up, I was kind of glad that the integral gameplay was solid, but disappointed to discover that everything else around it was pissweak bullshit. The charachter models looks awful, the crowd is only audible during Grand Slam finals where they do something other than be deathly silent and the umpire's voice sounds as BORED AS AN EMOTIONLESS ROBOT WHO HAS JUST DIED ON A TOILET.

That said, the gameplay is rather fun. 2 player is even better. So...have I wasted my money? I can't decide...

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

Yes...$20 is quite a lot for the original Top Spin on PS2. You can get Top Spin 3 for close to $20 now.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By piropeople13

Yes.  But look on the bright side, at least there were some good things about the game.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust
    Rayfield said:

That said, the gameplay is rather fun. 2 player is even better.
    If you are enjoying it, how can it be a waste of money? 

Rayfield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Rayfield

Hmmm, yes I see your point. I have enjoyed this game somewhat so I guess it wasn't a waste. But then again, it's the first game I've bought in years that has made me think "Could I have spent $20 on something better?" rather than "This is awesome!". Therein lies the dilemma.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.