Beta weekend

#1 Posted by andriv (256 posts) -

Will anyone give up diablo 3 for the weekend to spend some time with torchligft 2?

#2 Posted by Ubersmake (754 posts) -

I didn't even know there was a beta happening, so I signed up. Assuming I get a beta key, the answer is yes.

#3 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I don't have Diablo, nor can my laptop run it. I'm playing the beta for this right now, and I love it so far.

#4 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1639 posts) -

Signed up this morning, gonna play the waiting game. I've got it pre-ordered on steam already. Hope to see you there!

#5 Posted by CrazyBagMan (842 posts) -

I've got limited time with TL2 so I'll go with that for now.

#6 Posted by MetalBaofu (1382 posts) -

Downloading as I type this. My computer can't run Diablo 3 all that well. I played through the beta of it and even on the lowest settings I would get slow down. Hopefully, Torchlight 2 runs as well as the first one did for me, so I can at least play that.

#7 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

According to the invitation e-mail I can't play single player games during the beta weekend. So pass.

#8 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

How do I get into this? Love D3 but Torchlight, believe it or not, was my first loot based dungeon crawler game

Actively avoided those games in the past

#9 Posted by yoshisaur (2722 posts) -

Nah, I find it hard to be able to play Diablo III as it is with all that I have going on at the moment, not much time for a beta for another game like it. Looks like a solid game, though.

#10 Posted by andriv (256 posts) -

It's a lot more cartoony than the first one, the cut scenes remind me of shank.

#11 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1573 posts) -

@RVonE said:

According to the invitation e-mail I can't play single player games during the beta weekend. So pass.

You can start an online game and just set it to private, however.

#12 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7616 posts) -

I got an invite, but I'm going to be playing Diablo 3 for most of the weekend.

Not that I'm not looking forward to Torchlight, but I'd rather finish up Diablo rather than test an unfinished game.

#13 Posted by andriv (256 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Not that I'm not looking forward to Torchlight, but I'd rather finish up Diablo rather than test an unfinished game.

yeah, I will probably give it 2-3 hours but I'm not even done with normal on diablo. It would be nice to finish one playthrough over the weekend.

isn't torchlight just a month or two away?

#14 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

@Captain_Felafel said:

@RVonE said:

You can start an online game and just set it to private, however.

Good to know. I might give it a shot... if I can leave Diablo III alone for a couple of hours.

#15 Posted by buft (3317 posts) -

I cant play any games at the weekend because I have the kids over, though i could fit some in if i had some free time, really enjoyed the first game.

#16 Posted by Cake (210 posts) -

Anyone on and wants to join/make a game?

#17 Posted by GeekDown (1170 posts) -

It just finished installing so I'm gonna give it a try tonight.

#18 Posted by TinoXtreme (300 posts) -

Playing the beta right now. Loving it. LOVING IT!!!

#19 Posted by david3cm (635 posts) -

Anyone have any trouble with the installer, my status bar keeps freezing while loading a patch. It freezes with 2.28 megs left to install, pretty annoying.

#20 Posted by newfire (27 posts) -

Just keep trying. I had to restart the program several times before it actually got past the patch installation

#21 Posted by Moncole (636 posts) -

I am enjoying it, I find it a lot of fun.

#22 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@WinterSnowblind said:

Played a good few hours of it this morning, and it's far from feeling unfinished. Very polished, and personally, haven't run into a single bug so far.

Also, a big improvement from TL2 in a lot of ways. So far haven't played with anyone, but it's been fun going solo. Playing on Veteran, and the game kicked my ass more than few times already. Good fun.

#23 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -

I'm still waiting to get a key, although at this point, there's not much time (nor hope) left.

#24 Posted by Bankrotas (46 posts) -

@KillyDarko said:

I'm still waiting to get a key, although at this point, there's not much time (nor hope) left.

Khem khem, beta goes till tuesday

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.