Official Torchlight 2 Beta Thread

#1 Edited by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

So the Torchlight 2 Closed Beta is in full swing, so I thought I'd create a thread for Giant Bomb users who are in the beta to find eachother to play together. I know at least 2 Giant Bomb members are in the beta, I'm sure there must be more too.

How do I get in the beta?

It's a closed beta with limited invites, but Runic seem to be ramping up the number of invites, so if you want to get in there's probably a decent chance. Sign up for a Runic account here and make sure your preferences are set to allow emails from Runic. Then, hopefully you'll receive an email with a beta key. I signed up just the other day and recieved a beta key this morning, so they don't seem to be favouring older users or anything like that.

So I'm in the beta and I want to play with some Giant Bomb duders!

If you post your Torchlight 2 username in this thread and I'll add it to the table below. You can add any of the people listed to your friends list to find them in game. Also, feel free to use the comments to discuss with people about classes, times to play and whatnot in order to find your perfect co-op buddies if you wish. Or just talk about your thoughts on the beta or whatever.

Giant Bomb UsernameTorchlight 2 Username
MattyFTMMattyFTM
ForcenForcen
dragonbossdragonboss
Krakn3dfxKrakn3dfx
c0l0nelp0c0rn1colonelpopcorn
DanteveliDanteveli
aylienaylien
gerpgerp
ztiworohztiworoh
OneKillWonder_OneKillWonder99
TheSlothKingSloth

Also, be warned if you want to play with me, I'm terrible at Torchlight. I spend most of my time running around like a headless chicken trying to avoid enemy attacks. I'll probably cause you to die.

#2 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Just signed up a little while ago. Would be nice if people who pre-ordered were just in by default. Guess I'll hope for the best.

#3 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

More like Snore-chlight!

#4 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

More like Snore-chlight!

Bazinga!

#5 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

More like Snore-chlight!

Wanna get cut?!

#6 Posted by Forcen (1797 posts) -

I just got in, another one to add to the list.

Username: Forcen

#7 Edited by gakushya (66 posts) -

Beta downloads in high demand; please be patient with us.

by BrianW » Sat May 12, 2012 11:03 am

We're experiencing superheavy load right now. Please be patient with us. We're working on increasing capacity as quickly as possible.

Hhhmmmm. Well on the off chance I get a key

Username: gakushya

Edit: Oh sorry was this for people who already have a beta key?

#8 Edited by TheSlothKing (326 posts) -

If I get in, my username is Sloth.

#9 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (677 posts) -

Man, sure hoping for one. I loved the first Torchlight.

#10 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Signed up. Now the waiting begins. I'm weirdly more excited for this than Diablo 3. Maybe it's because I never got into Diablo 2.

#11 Posted by leftyhijack (49 posts) -

Just signed up. Supertonic is my name. I did enjoy the first one, except I know nothing of T2

#12 Edited by dragonboss (36 posts) -

The beta keys are being given out if you sign up at runicgames.com, and the devs say they are limited so maybe they will eventually stop giving them, but I don't know when. I just got mine and my username is dragonboss.

#13 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

Got one. My username is Krakn3dfx.

#14 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

I just got mine this morning. Username is colonelpopcorn.

Will download this afternoon.

#15 Posted by dragonboss (36 posts) -

Does anyone know if your stats from the beta will transfer to the full game once you get it?

#16 Posted by whyareyoucrouchingspock (975 posts) -

I wish they would put up an official release date.

#17 Posted by Xeirus (1292 posts) -

@Krakn3Dfx said:

@Ravenlight said:

More like Snore-chlight!

Bazinga!

:D

#18 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

@dragonboss said:

Does anyone know if your stats from the beta will transfer to the full game once you get it?

I'm sure the beta info will be wiped when the game comes out, that's usually the case.

#19 Posted by DrBreakfast (1 posts) -

Hey guys, does anyone happen to have a spare key lying around?

I have been dying to play this game for ages!

#20 Posted by spiceninja (3055 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: The beta ends sometimes in the next week or two. They've also said that they want to release a month after Diablo 3, so an early June release is most likely.

#21 Posted by Danteveli (1157 posts) -

oK I'm in the weekend beta as Danteveli

I'm using that gunslinger type dude.

#22 Posted by aylien (111 posts) -

I'm in, look me up

username: aylien

#23 Posted by gerp (191 posts) -

@MattyFTM: Hey just got in MY username is gerp

#24 Posted by ztiworoh (731 posts) -

Just got the invite - name is ztiworoh

#25 Edited by OneKillWonder_ (1689 posts) -

I registered yesterday and got a beta key today, so that was pretty nice. However, the installer won't work. I keep getting an NSIS error that implies that the file is damaged or corrupt. Anyone else have this problem?

Hopefully this will get sorted out and I'll be able to play some time soon.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got it working. Username is OneKillWonder99 if anyone is interested in playing.

#26 Posted by TheSlothKing (326 posts) -

I got a key!! Username:Sloth

#27 Posted by WMWA (1160 posts) -

Yeah...just got my invite a couple weeks late. Now I'm fully sunk into D3. Sorry, Torchlight, I'm sure I'd like you but you didn't want to give me a chance.

Anyways, here's my beta key for whoever wants it: 02CD-A900-4772-4CB9

#28 Posted by gakushya (66 posts) -

I just received a key, but the βplay is shorter then I thought, don't bother to put me on this list.

#29 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

Updated the list with everyone. It's annoying that as soon as they do this weekend beta thing with lots of people getting in just for the weekend, I'm at work both days. Well have fun guys, anyway.

#30 Posted by yoshisaur (2606 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

More like Snore-chlight!

+1

#31 Posted by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

I got in the weekend beta but I'm busy all weekend so if anyone wants my key just PM me and you can have it.

#32 Posted by TinoXtreme (300 posts) -

I just got my closed beta key and going to be on in the next hour and a half. If you want to join me, my name is going to be TinoXtreme on there.

#33 Edited by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1798 posts) -

I got my key all set, played to about level 6. Steam Username is colonelpopcorn, character name is Milkshake.

Edit: Nevermind, you already updated. Bummer you can't play this weekend.

#34 Posted by Cake (210 posts) -

So anyone on and wants to make/join a game?

#35 Posted by Neezie (114 posts) -

I have a character for this weekend named Neezie

#36 Posted by rempresent (98 posts) -

I have been in the beta since Saturday night. I maxed out an Engineer with a Construction build in which I shoot duders and throw grenades. Tabled Diablo 3 for this game and it is totally fulfilling it's promises. I am really enjoying the art style and some of the enemy design, the heavy cartoon feel with chunky models is needed to separate itself. But loot has been going good and once I picked up a cannon, I have been melting dungeons. I am finding that the bosses have way over the comfortable amount of HP, I am spending like 10-15 minutes on those fights. Anyone else having that issue? So far, I have been playing on Veteran and the difficulty hasn't been a problem except for boss battles. It might be and element thing but I haven't been playing long enough to notice that it is an issue.

I will be on later tonight for some multiplayer action, username is Rempresent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.